Sonic Drive In  » Restaurants  »
8212 liberty rd baltimore, md
  • It's been about 2 weeks since the grand opening and I can say I was surprised to see it was not busy as busy as I thought it would be and once I had the experience I understood why
  • The best part was watching the employees skating and then not all of them knew how to skate b/c one employee actually fell (thank God he did not have food in his hands)

• by bettyb87

Sonic has been a fast food restaurant I have wanted to try for as long as I can remember seeing commercials on tv about there famous foot long Coney’s. Now when I heard that Sonic was being built for the first time in MD right around the corner from me I was so excited.

Now that it is here I can honestly say it a bittersweet feeling.

It’s been about 2 weeks since the grand opening and I can say I was surprised to see it was not busy as busy as I thought it would

be and once I had the experience I understood why.

Well I waited this long because where they decided to build it is on a busy street in a small parking lot (which is the dumbest space they could have ever found in baltimore).

The building itself is so small that the employees inside look like roaches packed into a small box; they were all cramped up inside one on top of the other.

Once you dricve up to a stall the menu is so big which I was so happy with at first.

So I ...

• ordered a chicken sandwich w/ bacon and my sister ordered a hamburger.

Since the resaurant is so new I would have thought the food would have been fresh and seasoned to perfection but my chicken was hard as a rock and the hamburger was not seasoned at all.

I have NEVER tasted or even heard of sweet onion rings but somehow they the coating tasted sweet like a funnel cake which is disgusting.

The fries were unsalted and completely dry with no crisp at all.

Even the world famous chili cheese tater tots were not something

to leap for joy over.

The best part was watching the employees skating and then not all of them knew how to skate b/c one employee actually fell (thank God he did not have food in his hands).

I really liked the desserts and the ocean water which I never heard of or tasted before especially the new blizzard the tasted like graham cracker with chocolate covered marshmallow bites (mMMMmm).

It was an overall fun experience b/c it was a new experience but would I choose Sonic over Wendy’s or McDonalds; I’m not so sure the answer can be “yes”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 724081241821031/k2311a0824/8.24.10