Dulcelin Gourmet’s Cannelloni and US Beef Belly Roast Beef
36 Times Street, West Triangle, Q.C. Philippines
  • This is why I decided to order some cannelloni and US beef belly roast beef from Dulcelin when I had a party last week
  • I have never tried them yet but decided to order as they both had good reviews online and because of my trust in Dulcelin as I had always found their products delicious
  • I ordered both items in a quantity good for 10-12 and each cost Php1500 which is quite expensive but I was ready to shell out because of the good reviews
  • Upon tasting the food, I was really disappointed

• by TheCity

I have heard a lot of positive reviews about Dulcelin’s food and desserts and have tasted some of them for myself (Mango torte, lechon, etc) which were really good. This is why I decided to order some cannelloni and US beef belly roast beef from Dulcelin when I had a party last week. I have never tried them yet but decided to order as they both had good reviews online and because of my trust in Dulcelin as I had always found their products delicious. I ordered both items in a quantity good for 10-12

and each cost Php1500 which is quite expensive but I was ready to shell out because of the good reviews. To order, you have to call them in advance. The person who answered on the phone could improve in service as when I was asking about their products, he said that all of them are good and to just check the website in a semi-haughty voice.

Dulcelin does not have a store and operates from their home. At 6PM sharp, I arrived there to pick-up my order but it took them around 15 minutes ...

• to get them out. I did not mind much as the food were really freshly cooked and the cannelloni was piping hot. At first glance, I was dismayed as the serving looked really small but I realized afterwards that it really was enough for 10-12. It doesn’t look like a lot though, so it might not look that festive if you are going to serve just that.

Upon tasting the food, I was really disappointed. All of my guests complained about the food which made me feel quite bad. The cannelloni could’ve

been good but it was really salty and we had to put hot sauce to make it okay. The beef belly was tender but lacked color and flavor. The sauce (red wine and mushroom gravy) was good but could not mask the fact that the meat itself lacked taste.

All in all, I am was disappointed with my experience and felt that I did not get my money’s worth. However, I am still not ready to dismiss Dulcelin as my previous experiences were great. However, I would not order something that I have not personally tasted anymore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2724081241811031/k2311a0824/8.24.10