MASH Series- DVD Boxed Set  » TV  »
  • When I found out that the series was available on DVD, it was put on a high priority list of things to buy
  • I love the show with the exception of a few oddballs

• by Dawn Hawkins

MASH was one of my all time favorite series and when it ended, I watched, with millions of other Americans as the Finale played. No one was really sure if we would ever see Hawkeye and the rest of the crew as they muddle through the day to day life of being in South Korea during the war. When I found out that the series was available on DVD, it was put on a high priority list of things to buy. I love the show with the exception of a few oddballs. It was one of

the longest running series in television history. There were eleven seasons from 1970 to 1981, the time it took me to go from 7 years old to 17.

I can’t say that I always liked the series. When I was a kid, I was less than interested when my father would watch it. As I grew older and understood it more, I loved it. It’s hard to get the jokes on a show of this type when you are a little kid. It is also much more difficult to understand the entire concept of war. As ...

• you grow older and learn more, you can appreciate it more. That is what happened to me. I was more than thrilled when MASH came out on DVD.

You will love the boxed set of MASH even if you have never seen an episode of it before. It is, at times a stiff reminder of how difficult war is and the things that are done to give a little levity to the situation. I love all of the actors in the series. There were characters that I loved to hate, but in the end, I loved

them all because they eventually revealed their human side.

The price on the boxed set for eleven seasons of downright hilarious moments and the understanding that I gained through the humor is very well worth it. The price is comparable to other boxed sets that would have as many DVD’s in it. MASH will never be outdated. Though some shows give away the time that they were made, MASH was meant to be in a specific time and place. That is why I love it so much. There is nothing about these DVD’s that I don’t love.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1024081241751031/k2311a0824/8.24.10