Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Non-Comodogenic Foaming Action  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • I decided to go to the drugstore the very next day and get hold of it
  • I tried to get the smallest bottle available which was the 200ml and it cost me $17.00 which is quite expensive compared with other drugstore brand cleansers but I went ahead and bought it feeling positive that it would work
  • The very next day I noticed breakouts all over my face

• by true_value

I have always been and still am a sufferer of oily and extremely sensitive skin. Finding a good cleaner for me is a never ending search. Some product seems to work well but only at the beginning and then they start acting bad. I have been trying many different kinds of cleansers right from those made for dry skin to combination to oily skin types and had success with none.

I have heard a lot about the Cetaphil Cleansers as to how good they were on sensitive skin and how mild and gentle they were. Well, I have tried that too and it didn’t work for me. It made my skin break out like crazy and I was so scared that I wrapped the bottle in a black bag and tossed it out of sight and I deleted the brand Cetaphil from my products list.

But

Cetaphil is a recurring image which keeps popping every now and then sometimes at the stores and sometimes on youtube with someone raving about how good the product is and how it saved their life etc., I guess those people must be the ones with sensitive dry skin.

So once I was looking in the newspaper and saw the advertisement about the newly launched Cetaphil cleanser for Oily Skin. The one that I had used previously was for all skin types. The Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser claims to be Non-Comodegenic with Foaming Action. I felt a kind of excitement thinking that this might probably the answer to my skin woes. I decided to go to the drugstore the very next day and get hold of it.

I tried to get the smallest bottle available which was the 200ml and it cost me $17.00 which is ...

• quite expensive compared with other drugstore brand cleansers but I went ahead and bought it feeling positive that it would work.

The packaging was nothing fancy. The shape of the bottle reminds me of hand wash it is the typical white plastic bottle with blue cap. The cleanser itself is watery and pearly white and appears to be semi-transparent. It does have a mild pleasant fragrance.

I look a little bit of the cleanser and applied on my wet face it didn’t lather/foam much but when I use lather in my palms before applying on my face it foams like any other cleansers well maybe a tad lesser but it does foam adequately. It goes on smoothly and rinses easily. Surprisingly my face felt dry afterwards and I had to quickly apply my moisturizer.

The very next day I noticed breakouts all over my face. It was

not the normal kind of zits but lumpy ones all over my forehead and jaw line. I immediately stopped using it and was not sure what caused it but had a feeling that it might be the Cetaphil. I went back to using my usual cleanser and my face went back to normal.

After a gap of one week I tried the Cetaphil once again for couple of days and viola my face broke out again and I was sure that it was the one responsible for the lumpy breakouts and the skin around my nose became dark.

That was it I decided not to touch it again. It is strange that my skin should react in this way to something that is known to be gentle by so many people. But then again I guess my skin is complex so I can’t really blame Cetaphil.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123081241650931/k2311a0823/8.23.10