Salon Professional Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner  » Health  »
2.0
  • After taking a whiff of the conditioner in the store, I decided to try it since it smells very similar to the real thing
  • Unfortunately it also contains mineral oil and the percentage of the ingredients is not enough to make any difference I later found out when I used the product
  • This sounds amazing, but the product that I used did not live up to this hype
  • This product has a very sweet and fruity smell to it that I like
  • I definitely do not plan on using this product again and I would advise any other person considering purchasing the product to do a skin test first

• by Simply_Fabulous

One of my favorite places to shop is Dollar Tree because I am able to purchase name brand products at a super lower price- $1. Lately, the shampoos and conditioners that I typically use on my hair have left it feeling very dry. My hair is curly so it is important for me to be able to retain an adequate amount of moisture. Otherwise my hair becomes very frizzy and unmanageable. Normally, I do not purchase off brand products because the reliability of the products are not guaranteed. This product is supposed to be comparable to Nexxus Humectress. After taking a whiff of the conditioner in the store, I decided to try it since it smells very similar to the real thing.

For some reason I

did not pay attention to the ingredients when I purchase it. Of course, at the time I did not have a bottle of Nexxus Humectress to compare it to. This product contains three of the ingredients of its pricier counterpart. Unfortunately it also contains mineral oil and the percentage of the ingredients is not enough to make any difference I later found out when I used the product.

Like its pricier counterpart, this product promises to nourish dry and damaged hair, thus preventing split ends and rejuvenating the hair. Over time this product guarantees to make the hair softer and easier to style while also eliminating damage like split-ins. This sounds amazing, but the product that I used did not live up to this hype.

• Prior to applying this conditioner, I washed my hair with Garnier Nutrisse Volumizing Shampoo. After thoroughly rinsing my hair, I applied the condition. For some reason, I started to feel a burning sensation. I do not have sensitive skin and most of the time I do not have allergic reactions to products so I am not sure what caused it. I later did a skin test and could still feel a tingly and slightly itchy sensation.

This product has a very sweet and fruity smell to it that I like. It reminds me of an exotic coconut with slight hints of cotton candy. As far as consistency, I find this product to be too runny for my preference. I let it stay on my

hair for a few minutes after applying the conditioner. I ended up rinsing my hair when the burning sensation became too much to stand. The positives were that it did make my hair feel soft and it was very easy for me to detangle my hair. My hair also felt moisturized, but it did not have that feeling like there was product residue left on it.

There were a lot of good things about this conditioner considering its price but I just cannot continue to use a product that burns my scalp. I would rate this product a 4 out of 10. I definitely do not plan on using this product again and I would advise any other person considering purchasing the product to do a skin test first.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423081241450931/k2311a0823/8.23.10