LA’s Totally Awesome Window Cleaner  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • When I took the cleaner home, I decided to clean my windows and table almost immediately
  • After wiping the windows down, I still noticed some streaks

• by adrean_j

I don’t have too many windows in my house, but like to keep the ones I do have pretty clean. I do however, have a glass table top that can get really filthy at times. I guess it is the fingerprints more than anything, and they just drive me crazy. I really didn’t worry about window cleaner too much until I got the glass table, because it is necessary for it to look its best. I ran over to a local dollar store and saw the LA’s Totally Awesome Window Cleaner. I figured it would be sufficient. It looked similar to Windex, in almost the exact same bottle. The cleaner was also blue like Windex, which made me believe it was made with the same cleaning agents. When I took the

cleaner home, I decided to clean my windows and table almost immediately. I was tired of the streaks and lines on the table from water. As I sprayed the window cleaner I was smacked in the face with this strong scent. It almost took my breath away it was so harsh. I didn’t like how strong this cleaner was. It was almost unbearable.

After wiping the windows down, I still noticed some streaks. I figured it was because they were dirtier than usual and tried spraying and wiping for a second time. I was still seeing streaks at this time. I got kind of frustrated with the windows and moved on to the table. I had to spray quite a bit of it to get of smudges and anything stuck on ...

• the table. After wiping and spraying multiple times the table started to look decent. I was never able to get that clear shine. I still could see streaks here and there that made the table look gross. After spraying the table with the LA’s Totally Awesome window cleaner, I had to crack a window. It was the only way to get a little bit of fresh air. I didn’t want to choke from the fumes from this cleaner. The spray itself seemed to be pretty mild to the hands. I didn’t have any irritations or problems when using it. I also tried using this cleaner on other surfaces and was very unsuccessful. I tried washing my counter tops and stovetop with it. It didn’t really do much for them. I was
        able to get the dirt off, but if there was food stuck, it was hopeless.

I don’t think this is anywhere near being a great window cleaner. It is the type of product that will do, if you can’t get anything better. It is very weak compared to other brands, and is by far the streakiest. I’ve never had as many problems with streaks as I did with this cleaner. I don’t think it is really worth the buy, because I could spend another dollar and get something that will make my tables and windows look immaculate. It is not a good all purpose cleaner like Windex and is not really good at its one and only purpose. I would never recommend this product. It wasn’t the worse, but was nothing special at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323081241050831/k2311a0823/8.23.10