Kirkwood Chicken & Cheddar Cheese Nuggets
1.5
  • I wasn't too impressed with the flavor or the texture of the Kirkwood Chicken & Cheddar Cheese Nuggets
  • The combination of chicken and cheddar cheese isn't a winning one, I found out, upon trying some of these chicken nuggets
  • The cheddar cheese does stand out, more so than the chicken, which I think was kind of on the dull side, and the cheddar definitely didn't agree with the honey that I dipped these chicken nuggets in
  • I tried some chicken nuggets without the honey, and I felt that the chicken nuggets and cheddar pairing to be inferior to the chicken nuggets and honey pairing that I enjoy quite a lot
  • The softness of the chicken nuggets also disappointed me

• by CirclingCanvas

I wasn’t too impressed with the flavor or the texture of the Kirkwood Chicken & Cheddar Cheese Nuggets. I didn’t like that the chicken nuggets weren’t the slightest bit crispy. They were pretty soft, and I was hoping that after cooking in the oven and letting them sit for a couple of minutes, they would at least be a little on the crispy side. I personally prefer chicken nuggets that have a bit of a crispy exterior as opposed to a soft exterior because

I simply find crispy to be a more enjoyable and pleasant kind of texture. Taste though matters more, and when it comes to taste, these chicken nuggets didn’t really satisfy me.

The combination of chicken and cheddar cheese isn’t a winning one, I found out, upon trying some of these chicken nuggets. The cheddar cheese does stand out, more so than the chicken, which I think was kind of on the dull side, and the cheddar definitely didn’t agree with the honey that I dipped ...

• these chicken nuggets in. I really like honey with chicken nuggets, but I didn’t too much care for the chicken, cheddar and honey combination that I ended up creating. I tried some chicken nuggets without the honey, and I felt that the chicken nuggets and cheddar pairing to be inferior to the chicken nuggets and honey pairing that I enjoy quite a lot. The chicken nuggets tasted okay, but as I said, the chicken itself seemed kind of bland as did the breading that
        covered them. The cheddar cheese flavor hit harder, but didn’t sit overly well with me.

For me, this pairing of cheddar and chicken didn’t work. The softness of the chicken nuggets also disappointed me. The chicken itself wasn’t really that tasty. Thus, for two dollars and fifty cents, the eighteen ounce bag is not one I’ll be picking up again, even for less money if the opportunity should arise. For all the aforementioned reasons, a “3″ rating is what I feel these chicken nuggets should get.

Courtnee says :

I read the review and I`d have to disagree. I think it`s all in how you prepair them. Frying them in a deep fryer tends to make them come out crispy and flavorful. it`s rare that most meat that is breaded ever comes out crisp from an oven. Often the moisture from the food being frozen stays in the food and makes it soggy. For anything you want to come out crispy, deep fry it because it wicks away the moisture leaving things crisp and full of flavor.

Harriet says :

I agree with your comment, even though the review was wonderful, simply because everything depends on the way you cook it.

CirclingCanvas replies :

That might very well be true to an extent, but I still prefer to bake food in the oven in order to avoid the greasy mess associated with deep frying. I know that I’ve cooked other kinds of chicken in the oven and it didn’t come out as soft and mushy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723081240780831/k2311a0823/8.23.10