Breyers Cookies & Cream Oreo
  • I was disappointed with Breyers Cookies & Cream Oreo ice cream
  • It wasn't a particularly rich and delicious vanilla flavor, but it was still pleasant to the taste
  • Still though, the fewer than expected number of Oreo cookie pieces bothered me and left me desiring more, and that hurts the ice cream quite a lot in my opinion, so this was a one-time purchase for me

• by CirclingCanvas

I was disappointed with Breyers Cookies & Cream Oreo ice cream. What dragged this ice cream down in my eyes was the lack of Oreo cookie pieces.

I didn’t think the ice cream contained enough pieces of Oreo cookie to justify the price tag of nearly three dollars and fifty cents.

Although I wasn’t necessarily expecting to enjoy a piece of Oreo cookie with every spoonful

that I took, I was expecting more pieces of Oreo cookies than I actually found in the ice cream, which I personally felt was somewhat on the sparse side.

The Oreo cookies were the main attraction of this ice cream and the reason I bought it, so obviously I was disappointed with it when I came across a lack of Oreo cookies.

The Oreo cookie pieces that were present in the ice cream were certainly tasty and just like the kind that come in the package, only colder naturally, but I felt Breyers could have been more generous with the number of cookies broken up and added to this ice cream.

The ice cream itself was vanilla flavored.

It wasn’t a particularly rich and delicious vanilla flavor, but it was still pleasant to ...

• Breyers Cookies & Cream Oreo
      the taste.

The vanilla ice cream was very compatible with the chocolate Oreo pieces and vanilla and chocolate are flavors that just seem to go well together.

The vanilla flavor was the weaker of the two while the chocolate Oreo pieces offered a strong burst of chocolate.

The contrasting textures involving a creamy and smooth ice cream with crunchy cookie bits was nice, too.

Still though,

the fewer than expected number of Oreo cookie pieces bothered me and left me desiring more, and that hurts the ice cream quite a lot in my opinion, so this was a one-time purchase for me.

I feel a “6″ rating is fair considering the quality is there, but the quantity in regards to the Oreo cookie pieces isn’t present in the way I had hoped.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723081240770831/k2311a0823/8.23.10