LG Microwave Model MS-1924 V
  • I bought this microwave for about € 50 which I found cheap
  • One disadvantage though with this microwave is that with the cooking dial, it is difficult to estimate the cooking time
  • It may not be that fancy with all the programs but I think this is exactly what I need – simple, easy to use and very functional which makes this a very good value product considering its cheap price

• by bethbarl

Some years back, I would have never thought I would need a microwave. However, since being accustomed to using one, I always find that a kitchen without a microwave is unthinkable but manageable. Since I used to come home only twice a year, I did not want to cook a lot. If I ever did, it was often in big batches which I could always reheat later on for quick meals. As such, it was practical to have a microwave in my kitchen even if I only use them several times or 2 months in a given year.

I bought this microwave for about € 50 which I found cheap. I really did not have a lot of choices with the color as it only came in white. But, this is always a

safe color and somehow adds brightness to my kitchen.

For me, this microwave is easy to use since this is not a digital one. It has only two dials. The first dial is for adjusting the intensity of the power consumption from 70 watts to a maximum of 1000 watts. There is also a special function on this dial which is solely for defrosting. Because I can adjust the power consumption accordingly, I save energy. For instance, food which is left outside of the refrigerator does not require the maximum power consumption of 1000 watts. I can just use 500 watts and it gets the reheating job done.

The second dial is for the cooking time of the food to be cooked, thawed or reheated. I find this pretty straightforward as ...

• well. I also like that the recommended heating time is indicated on the microwave based on weight of the items. To illustrate, 100 grams of pasta only need a minute, 200 grams 2 minutes and so on (about 8 minutes for 500 grams). There is also a loud bell which rings when the food is done.

Its capacity is enough for my family’s cooking needs. One disadvantage though with this microwave is that with the cooking dial, it is difficult to estimate the cooking time. When it is less than a minute, say 40 seconds, it’s nearly impossible to be precise with this type of switch. More often than not, I end up putting more cooking time because if I do not do this then the microwave will not start.

My main purpose of

getting this simple microwave is to reheat leftovers and for this, I find that the appliance serves its intended purpose very well. I only tried a few times to thaw something from the deep freezer out of necessity and that was all right too. I am also happy that even if this appliance is not used all year round because of my absence, it still runs perfectly.

On the whole, this is a pretty decent microwave which functions well and appears durable. I had no problems with it and so far, it has served my family well. It may not be that fancy with all the programs but I think this is exactly what I need – simple, easy to use and very functional which makes this a very good value product considering its cheap price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323081240650831/k2311a0823/8.23.10