Sony Cassette Recorder CFM-10  » Electronics  »
  • This radio is a favourite companion of mine in the kitchen
  • This is also a cassette recorder and I can play my old tapes without a problem
  • However, when I bought the radio, I specifically looked for a simple one to use in the kitchen
  • I paid a bit more for this radio cassette player compared to other brands with the same functions

• by bethbarl

This radio is a favourite companion of mine in the kitchen. When I start doing chores then I feel the need to liven up the atmosphere in the kitchen by switching on this radio instead of listening to the monotonous sound of the exhaust fan on top of the stove.

I find this a really cute radio – cute in the real sense of the word as it is small in size just like that of an album where one puts in business cards. This radio is very light and because of this, the radio is the most portable I ever had. I can carry it from room to room or from one floor to another without too much burden on my part. I also like its white color which is quite unusual

for me as it now sits on top of my microwave which is also white. It always looks to me that the radio and the microwave belong to the same set.

The buttons are all simple to understand and use. There is a sliding switch to turn on and switch off the radio, the dial to tune to specific radio stations (there is also an indicator on the panel which indicates the tuned channel). The radio can receive both FM and AM broadcasts. The volume regulator is also a dial with volume levels from 1 to 5.

The sound quality is good without being too high pitched or full of distortions. A small antenna can be extended to improve the reception of the radio (which I hardly use). This is also a cassette ...

• recorder and I can play my old tapes without a problem. The cassette slot is easy to use as it opens easily with the press of a button. It also stops automatically when the last recorded music is reached. In my other cassette recorders, the machine does not turn off automatically which always consumes a bit of energy. I can also record songs directly from the radio (one touch recording button) as there is a built-in microphone for this. Again, the recorded quality is not bad. You can also run this on 4 size D batteries if the cords get too cumbersome or when I want to listen to the radio when I am outdoors.

The only thing that would make this player perfect for others would be a CD player. However, when I bought

the radio, I specifically looked for a simple one to use in the kitchen. In addition, its size was the primary reason why I chose this model and brand over the others. Therefore, I am really content with my choice and I cannot find any fault with it as it always works, never broke down and gave me endless hours of radio listening in my kitchen.

I paid a bit more for this radio cassette player compared to other brands with the same functions. But, I do not regret it. The sound quality is good and the radio is very solid and dependable. I had no issues with it malfunctioning on me for the past years, not even tapes which got stuck in the machine. I would not hesitate to buy nor recommend this brand again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623081240640831/k2311a0823/8.23.10