Juegdschlass Café-Restaurant
400, rue des Sept-Arpents, L-1149 Luxembourg
  • I like this restaurant because it has an old architecture (it was built in 1873 and used to be a hunting lodge) on the outside but a modern one in the interior
  • I thought that was very considerate of him knowing fully well that children can be picky with their food choices
  • I think, I was served by at least 4 different waiters yesterday and everyone was quick and accommodating

• by bethbarl

This restaurant is one of the most conveniently located to my house. I live in the valley and by just going up to the Birgerkraiz (3 minute drive), I am in the woods. The restaurant is situated surrounded by woods which makes it a relaxing place to dine. They even have some animals running around in their garden such as peacocks, bisons and a few deer.

I like this restaurant because it has an old architecture (it was built in 1873 and used to be a hunting lodge) on the outside but a modern one in the interior. Sitting in the terrace gives one a nice view of the valley or at least lots of greenery . It has also amenities for the handicapped, ample parking facilities (if the grounds are full there are enough places outside) and a spacious playground for the kids. And, because

it is located inside the woods, I often end up walking to burn off all that extra calories after a good meal in this restaurant.

Their menu is a combination of French and Luxembourgish cuisine. When you look at the menu card, you will notice that there are at least 6 pages devoted to alcohol, wines and spirits. But there are enough choices from meat, poultry and some seafood. I often take brochettes of Scampis (shrimps) or Scampis a l’ail (they are very good). Their Cordon Bleau (veal with ham and cheese and cream) is not also bad. My daughter loves the Wursterchen (sausage) with Gromperenzalot (potato salad) which is a popular Luxembourgish dish eaten during the summer. The usual steaks are available which my husband often orders and the Vol au Vent (chicken on a pastry). Everything tastes good, is served in ample portions ...

• and in an appetising way. I am not much into desserts but occasionally I order the popular Dame Blanche (vanilla ice cream with cream and chocolate). My husband always goes for their Parfait Marnier (ice-cream, nuts and Cognac).

The waiters are quite friendly and helpful. When I was there yesterday, I did not know what to order for my daughter (she at least did not like anything on the menu which was not unusual). The waiter suggested the saucisse (sausage like a salami) and also brought 4 slices of these to be tasted. I thought that was very considerate of him knowing fully well that children can be picky with their food choices. I also like their system that no single waiter is assigned a group of tables. They all move everywhere and if you happen to need something, you just give your

order to the one you see first. This way the customer never waits long for anything to be brought. I think, I was served by at least 4 different waiters yesterday and everyone was quick and accommodating.

Meal prices are reasonable and you should expect to pay about €20-30 per person. As this is also a café, it is possible to eat some sandwiches or pastries outside of the restaurant hours (the place is open from 11h00-23h00, closed on Mondays).

If you are in the Bridel, Steinsel or Walferdange area, this is one restaurant which you should try. It’s not too far from Luxembourg City either (about 6 kms). To those wanting tranquillity while dining, this is a perfect location. The restaurant has clean facilities, serves quality food and the service is just great. I always enjoy coming back to this restaurant for these reasons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 723081240590831/k2311a0823/8.23.10