Siemens Coffee Grinder/Mill MC 275
  • The results are fantastic and in my opinion, nearly as good if not the same quality than what I’d get from the supermarket

• by bethbarl

I hardly use fresh coffee beans but when my husband requests that I buy them then I only have 2 choices: either ask the sales lady in the supermarket to grind it for me (this is an extra cost) or do it myself at home. For the latter, I am always glad that I have a coffee mill at home.

This is an electric coffee mill which is really easy to use. There are only 2 slots in this small machine. The upper one is where I have to put the coffee beans to be grinded and the lower base is where the ground coffee comes out. There are only 2 switches. Under the coffee mill is an adjustable switch where I can choose the quality of grinding

to be done – coarse, medium, fine to extra fine. To activate the machine I just have to plug the machine in the socket, load the beans, adjust the grinding and press the start button (twisting the dial clockwise). The grinder can do this operation for a maximum of 2 minutes. Actually, I just need a few seconds to grind coffee beans. The results are fantastic and in my opinion, nearly as good if not the same quality than what I’d get from the supermarket. One must be careful though not to over grind the beans as they can actually get burned inside the machine. This leaves a bad smell and an awful taste in the coffee.

The major advantage of having a coffee grinder at home is ...

• that I can keep coffee beans longer. I do not need to buy them and have them grinded immediately. This way, the freshness of ground coffee is kept longer. I am able to serve fresh coffee in the real sense of the word. If I need to prepare coffee then all I need to do is scoop a few spoons of the beans, put it in the machine and I have ground coffee in an instant. It cannot get fresher than this. I probably waste less than buying a packet of ground coffee and keeping it in the cupboard. As we all know, once the vacupack is opened, then the quality of the ground coffee deteriorates each time it comes into contact with air.

The only flaw

I can see in this machine is that it is a small one. However, this is meant for home use which is just what I need at the moment. And, even if I need larger batches of ground coffee, the machine does this so quickly that I do not feel that I am losing time.

All things considered, I am very satisfied with this coffee grinder. It grinds coffee quickly and at the texture that I want. The brewed coffee or espresso that I prepare is always fresh, smells and tastes good. The machine is easy to use, clean and occupies a really tiny space in my kitchen. It is so small that sometimes I forget that I have it until someone asks for fresh coffee to be made.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323081240580831/k2311a0823/8.23.10