Kalorik Hand Mixer Model KA M3  » Housewares  »
  • When I became too lazy to use my Moulinex Genius food processor, I decided to buy this Kalorik hand mixer
  • I paid just € 10 for this which was a good price considering its multiple functions
  • But for me, the most interesting part of this hand mixer is the stick attachment which in effect makes this a mini food processor
  • At €10, this is definitely good value for the money

• by bethbarl

When I became too lazy to use my Moulinex Genius food processor, I decided to buy this Kalorik hand mixer. I paid just € 10 for this which was a good price considering its multiple functions.

This is not a heavy machine at all and just a wee heavier than my Philips hand mixer. But it has the added function that it can be used in multiple ways. By attaching the beaters, I can mix everything to make a flour batter, mayonnaise, beat egg whites and the like. There is another set of attachment which is the dough hook which I usually use when I need to make a dough in making pizzas or Indian breads (chapatis and rotis).

But for me, the most interesting part of this hand

mixer is the stick attachment which in effect makes this a mini food processor. With this accessory, I can mix vegetables to make soups, puree and other food preparation. Instead of using my big food processor with its endless attachments and devices, I simply use the stick accessoryt of my Kalorik and I can make my food very quickly.

Using this hand mixer is no big problem. As a regular beater and dough mixer, the attachments are simply clicked into the slots. For the stick mixer, there is a separate compartment at the bottom of the appliance where you hook it (the other beaters and dough hooks have to be removed). To operate the machine, I only need to activate the slider which gives different speed settings from ...

• 1 (dry ingredients) to 5/6 for egg whites. There is even a turbo switch on the machine which I use to increase the speed of the appliance irrespective of the speed level I have chosen. For me this is a neat feature which I sometimes use to give the final touches to the mayonnaise or the soup that I am making.

Kalorik is quite safe to operate as well because the hooks, beaters and the stick attachment have never been detached while the machine was in operation. Prior to operating the machine it is best to ensure that these accessories are put in their slots correctly. If not, dangerous accidents might occur such as the beater flying off or at the very least, a big mess in the kitchen.

To remove the attachments, there is an eject button which you have to press (the stick has to be twisted counter clockwise). If not in use, this accessory should be stored safely because of the sharp blade and the slot cover on the machine closed..

For all these reasons, I hardly use my Moulinex anymore except for the parsley chopper. Kalorik is handier, multi functional and appears sturdy. At €10, this is definitely good value for the money. It is easy to use, compact and has at least 3 functions : beater, dough maker and a food processor. It is small in size and does not occupy a lot of space in my kitchen cupboards. In addition, clean up is very easy as the attachments are few.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323081240570831/k2311a0823/8.23.10