Vintage Muse 50ml EDT Perfume by Kate Moss
  • I soon changed my mind however when I received a sample of last years perfume entitled simply Muse, which I have to say I was impressed with so had high hopes for testing out this new offering
  • Once the scent had well and truly settled the warm chocolate and cool white musk made an interesting combination and became the focus of the whole fragrance in my opinion
  • Definitely yes as it's got a classic look to the bottle but the scent itself has a very modern and sexiness to it that encapsulates Kate Moss ego to perfection

• by Tick tock

Not being a fan of the woman herself I was reluctant whether to try this brand new scent from Kate Moss. I soon changed my mind however when I received a sample of last years perfume entitled simply Muse, which I have to say I was impressed with so had high hopes for testing out this new offering.

I’m lucky in the fact that I work part time in a store that sells perfumes and though I’m no expert I’m lucky that I get to test and buy (and get free samples!) of most new and old fragrances.

This particular bottle that I am reviewing is the 50ml size, but

it’s also available in smaller bottles of 15ml and 30ml which are more handbag friendly sized.

First a quick description of the bottle as I do think it deserves a mention.

The design is quite simplistic really and has echoes of perfume bottles from the past giving it a vintage appearance, hence the name. The bottle a basic upright standing rectangular shape, and has and equally attractive rectangular shaped lid adorning the whole ensemble.

It’s the colour that is the main pulling point here as it’s a very seductive deep purple that just oozes sensuality.

It’s the sort of bottle that you know is going to contain a scent ...

• that is sexy and alluring..and boy it certainly does.

The scent itself is made up of: Top Notes~ Rhubarb Plum Black Currant Cream

Heart Notes~ Purple Violets Peony Tiger Orchid

Base Notes~ White Musk Chocolate Ambergris

Wearing the perfume is pure unadultered pleasure!

The first notes I could detect on spritzing onto my skin was the fruity blackcurrant and plums that are the key players of the top notes.

After the perfume has started to ‘breathe’ on my skin the heart notes became more prominent, with the peony being the main note that stood out to me.

an interesting combination and became the focus of the whole fragrance in my opinion.

Would I recommened it?

Definitely yes as it’s got a classic look to the bottle but the scent itself has a very modern and sexiness to it that encapsulates Kate Moss ego to perfection.

This also has staying power as a few small spritzes suffice for several hours without the need to top up at all. If you want to layer the scent though there is matching bath and body products available though as I have not tried these I cannot comment on their effectiveness. As for the perfume this is beautiful and I would recommened it more for evening wear as it is powerful without being overwhelming on the nasal passages.

A 10 out of 10 from me

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5623081239910731/k2311a0823/8.23.10