Kindle 2  » Electronics  »
  • My review is based on my week long use of this technology that has so impressed bookworms all over the universe
  • I like the way it fits on my hand and I can practically read anywhere without carrying heavy and bulky books
  • I love that it has a dictionary look up and free Wikipedia access and an MP3 support
  • I tried transferring all my PDF eBooks to my Kindle, unfortunately, PDF is not supported with zooming and font resizing

• by Chona Romero

Just received my first ever Kindle 2 given by a cousin who was kind and generous enough to buy it for me in the US. My review is based on my week long use of this technology that has so impressed bookworms all over the universe.

Kindle 2 is slick, slim, portable and very light. I like the way it fits on my hand and I can practically read anywhere without carrying heavy and bulky books. For a non-techie like me, figuring out how to use the device

is so elementary. The navigation feature is user friendly, turning pages matter of clicking a button.

One of the things that I really appreciate about Kindle 2 is the fact it’s easy on the eyes. Reading in various lighting environments is not straining my eye even for hours. I vouch for the non reflector and e-ink feature Amazon is claiming, it really works. The size of the font can also be adjusted for easy reading. If one is lazy enough to read, there’s a Text to Speech feature that ...

• will read aloud books and other printed articles. Amazing!

The 3G wireless works perfectly in the Philippines. I tried buying a book via the whispernet and it was delivered in seconds. I love that it has a dictionary look up and free Wikipedia access and an MP3 support.

On the downside, books are a bit expensive ranging from $10-12 per title. The classics are cheaper but still I can buy it online for less. I have to think twice about buying bestsellers for my Kindle because is not really

that easy on the budget. Also, subscription for magazines and newspapers are costly.

I tried transferring all my PDF eBooks to my Kindle, unfortunately, PDF is not supported with zooming and font resizing. My cousin told me to convert the files using Caliber software which converts file formats including PDF to Kindle format for a fee. I’m still thinking about it. Meantime, I’m reading my PDF eBooks in minuscule fonts.

Overall, I am very happy with Kindle. I’m whiling a way my time reading books anywhere and anytime.

Kindle 2

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623081239700631/k2311a0823/8.23.10