Disney Princess Create your own Glitter memory stone  » Other  »
  • It also came with a work mat that would have been a great idea if I had noticed it before letting my daughter paint it
  • My daughter really enjoyed making this and it looks very cute displayed outside in our flower garden
  • I recommend this as a present for little girls who enjoy doing crafts with there parents help

• by shaggin83

The Disney Princess Create your own Glitter memory stone is a really awesome gift idea for your young child. The box says for ages 6 & up. My daughter received this present for her 6th birthday and it was perfect.

The box said easy to mix and mold but I didn’t find that to be the case. The directions were confusing as they weren’t clear enough on what steps to do first. It tells you to mix the powders with water but does not say how much. They give you this tounge depressor type stick to stir the mix and water up with. They tell you to mix it up in that but really they should have

included a bowl that was ok to mix it in that could be thrown away when done. My reasoning for this is that there are small detailed spots on the mold that if the powder sits in and isn’t mixed with water well enough when you take the mold out that detailed spot will not be there almost the same as if there was an air bubble. After you make this it took about 3 days to dry which was very hard for my impatient daughter and my niece and nephew to wait that long.

The paints provided in the box were the not same as the colors shown on the box. My daughter was trying to ...

• paint it just as the picture on the box showed but without the same color paints it wasn’t possible. That was disappointing for her. There was a small bag of loose glitter to pour onto the wet paint but it would have been easier if the paint just had glitter already in it.

The gemstones shown on the box look so pretty and sparkling but when you open the package and look at what you are provided with they aren’t sparkly or all that pretty. They are just white and pink see through gems.

This came with plastic gloves which was great to keep hands paint free. It also came with a work mat that would have been

a great idea if I had noticed it before letting my daughter paint it. Its been a few months since she made this craft and there is still paint on my table. I loved that this came with a face mask so while we were pouring the mix into the mold and mixing it with water my daughter wasn’t breathing in the dust from the mix.

My daughter really enjoyed making this and it looks very cute displayed outside in our flower garden. I recommend this as a present for little girls who enjoy doing crafts with there parents help. This would be to hard for kids 6 years old to do on there own without making a huge mess.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1223081239630631/k2311a0823/8.23.10