Blackberry Bold 9700  » Phones  »
  • I believe that it is a great thing to have a good handy cursor on the websites while browsing on the small screen
  • But in overall I rate Blackberry Bold 9700 better than iPhone 3G and would also recommend it to others

• by kentvn

I love my Blackberry Bold 9700. It is a stunning smartphone. Earlier I had an iPhone 3G which just ended out to be a scrap after 18 months of its use. I actually feel that Blackberry Bold 9700 is an upgrade of my iPhone 3G. The Blackberry 9700 is a sleek, solid, well built luxury phone.

I was very much used to the touch screen pattern because of which it took me couple of hours to get used to the tiny nipple that acted out as a mouse, but now I can move the cursor anywhere and

click on anything with the cursor, that to with accuracy. I believe that it is a great thing to have a good handy cursor on the websites while browsing on the small screen. The little keyboard buttons may seem uninteresting, but it has fascinated me. To my surprise it is easy to type, as the keys have little ridges on them because of which I rarely hit the wrong keys.

The phone had some ringtones pre-installed which I felt were bad for my ears, but since it was really easy to put my own ringtones, it didn’t make ...

• much difference. The process for uploading ringtones into the phone was very easy; all I had to do was put the SD card in the phone, then connect it to the PC and copy some MP3s into the Ringtone Folder. The process was same for uploading music, pictures, videos and documents into the phone.

The connectivity with PC is very good on Blackberry. In the box there was a CD for Desktop Manager Software, which included a media manager that sync music etc, from iTunes directly. It automatically loaded the calendar and contacts once the Outlook was set up.

The box also contained USB cable, charger with adapters for different countries, headphones with a microphone and spare pads for the headphones. The Wi-Fi is nice and high-speed, and it picks up a 3G signal easily and browses quickly.

The only area where I felt the Blackberry was inferior to iPhone was in the selection of applications. The Blackberry application store has very few good free applications like facebook, YouTube, etc., and the popular applications were paid ones, which were quite expensive.

But in overall I rate Blackberry Bold 9700 better than iPhone 3G and would also recommend it to others.

Blackberry Bold 9700

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3723081239520631/k2311a0823/8.23.10