Nintendo DSi XL
0.5
  • The gaming experience on the DSi is better as the screen and the overall gaming system is bigger
  • I like the screen bigger when it comes to playing games, especially on a portable gaming system like the DSi XL

• by Mr.X

The Nintendo DSi XL is one of the worst portable gaming systems every. The original Nintendo DSi was way better. The Nintendo DSi XL has a camera for taking pictures, play music and browse the web on top of playing games using the DS cards.

The gaming playing is about the same. You still have to buy the DS cards or use a R4. The R4 is a blank memory card in the size, shape and format that the DSi accepts. The gaming experience on the DSi is better as the screen and the overall gaming system

is bigger. However, bigger does not mean better. I like the screen bigger when it comes to playing games, especially on a portable gaming system like the DSi XL.

I am not much of a camera user, but I still play around with the camera and edit pictures that I have taken. To start off with, I do not like the picture quality. The quality is extremely poor and the camera feature is useless. The quality is only good if you are taking pictures of objects in close range. It is not for taking landscape and scenery. It

simply does not work. The editing options for the photos are useless. For example, I do not need the stretch feature or bulge. The camera feature on the DSi XL is useless and redundant. It simply is for those that are bored and have nothing to do. I also find it awkward to take pictures with such a big device. The DSi XL is 93% bigger according to the Nintendo website. I find it hard to take pictures.

The music playback is the most messed up thing I have ever seen. The memory capacity is not nearly ...

• Nintendo DSi XL
      enough to hold a decent amount of songs. The only good thing I can say about this device is that it offers internal speakers. This gets rid of the need to use ear phones. However, the battery drains out fast when using speakers.

The last feature the Nintendo DSi XL offers is the web browsing. The web browsing is fair. I find the adapter really weak. I have to be in my basement, around ten feet away, to be able to connect to the internet. There are other ways to connect to the internet such as going to

a public hot spot or an unsecured wi-fi location. I doubt the internet option will be any use as the ability to detect wireless networks is really weak. I had more luck with the Play Station Portable. The Nintendo DSi XL is not a buy. The big size is good for gaming and that is it. Do not buy this, I ended up returning the DSi XL and got the original kind, the Nintendo DS. The battery drains incredibly fast when web browsing and playing music in the speakers. The camera quality is horrible and not worth getting.

Nintendo DSi XL

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2823081239460631/k2311a0823/8.23.10