The Woman Hunter movie  » Movies  »
  • She always has been, and that's one of the best parts of watching this film
  • Leading us through this tangled tale is Cimarron Strip's Stuart Whitman, who I like moderately

• by Orrymain

Post I Dream of Jeannie, Barbara Eden took the movie circuit with this made for TV number called The Woman Hunter. Eden is lovely. She always has been, and that’s one of the best parts of watching this film. Eden and location shooting in Acapulco are pluses for the mystery.

Her character of Dina Hunter is married to Jerry, played by Robert Vaughn. He’s helping her to try to forget a troubled time from her recent past when she accidentally killed a man in an auto

accident. Actually, while he’s trying, he’s also working, and that means he’s not around much.

I’m not a Vaughn fan, but he’s okay here. He’s arrogant enough in his portrayal to play Jerry as a without a clue workaholic. He borders on the stupid, as a matter of fact. Vaughn plays it straight, and he leaves you shaking his head. That is, until we get to the resolution of the tale.

Leading us through this tangled tale is Cimarron Strip’s Stuart Whitman, who I like ...

• moderately. Some roles he really has me hooked; others, he is just sort of there. He’s actually a bit in the middle in this one for me.

In The Woman Hunter, Whitman’s character, Paul Carter, is on the case, seeking out Dina and making sure they meet. When Dina finds out, she’s frightened and tries to get the police to believe that he’s stalking her.

This film has a provocative and ridiculous party scene where Eden does this dance. There’s no rhyme or reason to it

except to show off Eden’s body.

I also have to say, without giving much away, that the pick up of the rock was so unbelievable. Look at the size of it and put that against the way it was picked up and handled.

All in all, watching Eden was nice. She’s a good actress, but why she selected this role to do, I don’t understand. She looks great, but the movie has a poor setup. To be honest, it’s a waste, for Eden, Vaughn, and Whitman.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120081239131131/k2311a0820/8.20.10