Dishonored Lady movie
  • Lamarr was definitely a beautiful woman, and her confidence rolls out in abundance in this role of Madeleine Damien, an art editor for a magazine
  • The most fun co-star for me was Natalie Schafer, who I know best as Mrs

• by Orrymain

I’m really not sure if I’ve ever seen Hedy Lamarr in a movie. I’ve grown up knowing about her and having heard some tales of the legendary Hollywood actress, but I honestly can’t recall seeing her in the movies. Thus, I was intrigued to see what she was all about, and I had that chance in this movie from

1947 called Dishonored Lady.

Lamarr was definitely a beautiful woman, and her confidence rolls out in abundance in this role of Madeleine Damien, an art editor for a magazine. She smokes and has a wild personal life. She’s a party gal for sure. Yet, Damien is unhappy, and when urged, she actually junks her life for a new one of peacefulness.

In fact, she starts to paint and lives anonymously with some very simple people. It’s remarkably engaging to see how this process begins and follow her journey. Eventually, she falls in love with Dr. David S. Cousins (Dennis O’Keefe). He proposes to her but doesn’t know her real name or anything yet.

This gets us back to Damien’s ...

• Dishonored Lady movie
      character. Has she really changed, or is she essentially playacting? It’s something we don’t know until the end.

There is a murder that becomes part of this plot. It’s fairly predictable.

The most fun co-star for me was Natalie Schafer, who I know best as Mrs. Howell on Gilligan’s Island. I was excited to see her in a completely different

role, and her character of Ethel Royce wasn’t much like the wealthy Mrs. Howell at all.

The ending was good, but it could have been better. I’m not sure I buy how the psychiatrist challenged Cousins at the pivotal moment, but I do like the man’s response to what Cousins does at the end.

Overall, it was an entertaining film, and Lamarr definitely ruled.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120081239081131/k2311a0820/8.20.10