Ice Road Truckers: The Ace Vs. the Ice TV Show  » TV  »
  • Jack's choice in roads was intriguing to watch, though I found myself wondering if either choice safe

• by Orrymain

Ice Road Truckers: The Ace Vs. the Ice was the latest installment of the 2010 season. It was a good one. My highlights, and questions, are below:

–This is the second time we’ve had a segment with Lisa about her meals. I’m not sure what the producers think is so fascinating about this. I love Lisa; she’s my favorite, but watching her prepare and then eat a peanut butter sandwich is hardly the best use of time in

this one hour TV series.

–I’m not a fan of Hugh, but he knows his trade, and he seems to have an enormous amount of luck. Here, he’d been worried about having to get the truck weighed and then lo and behold, the weigh station is closed. Later, he smirks about beating Alex. Frankly, the Hugh and Alex rivalry has gotten a whole lot stale.

–What was good television was watching veteran ice road driver, Jack, have to choose the ...

• safest route for his heavy truck. His choice is where the title sprung from. We get some great history here as Jack is carrying a load to an off the Dalton Road spot called Bettles Field, Alaska. The first building there is actually on the national registry. We saw caribou, bear, and wolves all around. It was great.

Jack’s choice in roads was intriguing to watch, though I found myself wondering if either choice

safe. Naturally, he makes it. Only then he hurts his head. Not long thereafter, head bandaged, he left Bettles. My question is should he even be driving? Is that safe, considering his injury?

–Poor Alex had a backward slide and a troublesome strap. I think he’s a good guy, though.

This was another good outing for this series, though watching Jack’s dilemma reminded me that we really haven’t seen the trucks going over the ice much this season.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1020081238971131/k2311a0820/8.20.10