Highway Patrol: The Seventh Green TV Show  » TV  »
  • It brings dimension and life into the characters, and I believe that's important to any series
  • I like the change of pace that this show delivered

• by Orrymain

Highway Patrol’s 18th show from its third year was a little different, and I liked that quite a bit. As the name might indicate, The Seventh Green, which aired back in February 1958, opened with Chief of Police Dan Mathews (Broderick Crawford) playing a round of golf with Judge Francis (Anthony Jochim).

I really liked seeing this off duty moment. It brings dimension and life into the characters, and I

believe that’s important to any series.

However, the lighthearted game of golf soon turns into business when a dead body is found, and that puts Mathews to work right away.

There were a couple of curious factors for me. For example, Mathews drove to the club in a police car? I’m not certain, but we never saw a personal car and he suddenly seemed to have a patrol car for his ...

• use.

Also, I realized towards the end of the episode that we rarely heard sirens used in this police drama. We did get them here, quite a few even, but sirens aren’t used much for some reason.

The murder wasn’t just a simple case. There was more to it than met the eye. What I didn’t like was the way the Mrs. Keeley (Jan Bradley) changed on a whim.

She had been a very calm character and suddenly she became emotional and I suppose scared. It did not ring true.

I like the change of pace that this show delivered. Both seeing Mathews away from the station and in the story behind the murder. Variety is the spice of life as they say, and that’s what this episode delivered. For me, it worked and I enjoyed it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1020081238931131/k2311a0820/8.20.10