Daybreakers (2010)  » Movies  »
  • What I like about this movie is that it’s not like the same vampire love story or action genre that I have seen
  • There’s this one scene where I thought that was already the climax, but I was mistaken
  • Otherwise, if you’re into to the hard core action and complex type of movies, then I highly recommend you watch this

• by Carlisle

Daybreakers is a film released sometime in January 2010. This film is set 10 years into the future where a plague threatened to wipe out all the human population but instead turned all those infected to vampires. The new breed of humans now made the 95% population of the whole world. The last 5% remaining humans are hunted and farmed for their blood. This movie features popular actors like Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe (from Spiderman) and Sam Neil.

What

I like about this movie is that it’s not like the same vampire love story or action genre that I have seen. The story has this true dilemma that I’m sure people living today can relate to. It’s food shortage. It follows the same rules of being a vampire like getting burned when the sunlight touches their skin, biting a human makes them a vampire and the trademark of all vampires is of course, fangs

One thing that sets ...

• this vampire movie from the rest is its complexity. The story is like a riddle that’s absolutely hard to crack. The twists and the development of each scene made me even more glued to the screen. There’s this one scene where I thought that was already the climax, but I was mistaken. It delivered one climax after the other and kept my mind to think what would the ending be like.

The story is truly one of a kind;

it’s like nothing I’ve ever watched before. The film represents this epitome of society in which we humans are sure to relate to. It’s so multi-layered and puzzling that you’ll want to see it again and again.

Just be aware that this movie is gory, violent and blood-soaked. So, I wouldn’t advise you to watch it if you’re the easily-grossed type. Otherwise, if you’re into to the hard core action and complex type of movies, then I highly recommend you watch this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120081238861131/k2311a0820/8.20.10