The Screwtape Letters by C.S Lewis  » Books  »
  • At first, I thought that this was some kind of a joke
  • Though we are just human and we do commit mistakes, let's just avoid it as much as possible

• by chikois

C.s Lewis is one of my favorite authors. He always finds a way to inspire us.. his readers. I just finished reading his book “The Screwtape Letters” It’s all about Screwtape’s (The Demon) letter to his apprentice Wormwood. Screwtape was giving advices to Wormwood on how lure us to temptations and sins. At first, I thought that

this was some kind of a joke. Two demons writing lettersto each other. As I move on and as I continue to read this book I was able to see what C.S Lewis would like to show us.. and I read Screwtape’s letters to Wormwood it’s getting deeper and deeper. It’s getting more serious.

C.S Lewis illustrates the work of the demons. He clearly stated in this book how odious Screwtape is. It was also written, how they savor the souls of the sinners. Screwtape even proposes a toast for the their “gentledevils” their new “Temperers”.

What I had learned from this book is, never let temptation take over ourselves. Though we are just human and ...

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1720081238791131/k2311a0820/8.20.10