The Body Shop Born Lippy in Strawberry
1.0
  • I thought that since it was heavy it would moisturize my lips very well and I was wrong because instead of hydrating my chapped lips, it made the condition even worse
  • I was very disappointed because I expected a lot from The Body Shop since it is a well-known brand all over the world

• by labeya17

For our Christmas celebration last year, my classmate gave me a small container of The Body Shop Born Lippy in Strawberry. She gave all of us a small container and I was very happy about it because I have always wanted to own a Born Lippy lip balm. It was expensive and it costs P450.00 or around $8 for a small container from The Body Shop. I don’t want to shell out that amount because I am very loyal to my favorite lip balm from another brand.

Anyway, the lip balm smelled sweet and it really smelled like strawberries.

I had to resist from licking off the strawberry-flavored lip balm on my lips. It was just too tempting and it smelled really yummy. Regarding the consistency of the lip balm, it was very thick and it felt really heavy when I applied it on my lips. It felt as if I put a lot of gunk on my lips even if I only put a small amount. I thought that since it was heavy it would moisturize my lips very well and I was wrong because instead of hydrating my chapped lips, it made the condition even worse.

• It hydrated my lips for several minutes but after the balm has settled on my lips, it made my lips even drier. It felt as if it sucked out all the moisture on my lips. I was very disappointed because I expected a lot from The Body Shop since it is a well-known brand all over the world.

There is just one thing that I liked about this balm and that is it gave a nice pinkish-red color on my lips and that is the only thing that I liked about it because it didn’t even last for a

whole hour on my lips. The product only lasted for a mere 45 minutes on my lips and less if I had to eat or drink.

I do not think that I would buy another because it did not work for me. I have very sensitive lips and it tends to dry easily due to the shifting weather. This product might work if your lips doesn’t get dried that easily or if you just want a pop of color on your lips. I am relieved because I did not have to spend almost $10 for this because it was not worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120081238721031/k2311a0820/8.20.10