Anne of Green Gables, by Lucy Maud Montgomery  » Books  »
  • It is one of the best novels I have ever read

• by marikoy

I first read Anne of Green Gables, the novel by L. M. Montgomery, when I was in ten or eleven years old. It is one of the best novels I have ever read. It is a very wholesome book. There is not a single vulgar or curse word used. Neither is there any violence, sex or drugs in it, which is good, because I can read it over and over and

not feel bad or offended or guilty.

Another thing that’s great about this book is that it frequently uses high words or poetic phrases, which really helps me increase my vocabulary. The lead character, Anne Shirley, is a smart girl who loves to dream about things being better than they really are. Thus, she inspires me to be positive about life and be grateful for the blessings at hand.

This novel is about ...

• everyday life, though set about a century ago. Because it is about ordinary life, almost anyone can relate to it. There are Anne’s triumphs, disappointments, challenges, heartaches, and excitements, and I can easily understand her situations because they are ordinary, normal events.

Anne of Green Gables also brings out various emotions in me. I get touched and teary-eyed when Anne expresses gratitude in the love shown to her. I

laugh at her various types of mischief. I giggle when I sense how Gilbert likes her. I get hurt when other characters criticize her and her looks.

Because of all these, I must say it is a complete book to read. There’s drama, comedy, adventure, and even suspense. And because it is about everyday life in a home and community, people of all ages can be entertained by this heartwarming novel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1720081238711031/k2311a0820/8.20.10