Sharp SJ-PT 590RBE refrigerator  » Electronics  »
  • I have been using the refrigerator Sharp SJ-PT 590RBE for almost a year now, and I can already see its advantages and disadvantages
  • I like that there is indeed no frost neither in the refrigerator, nor in the freezer, so I didn't have to defreeze it, just wipe with a cloth
  • I found three main shortages of this model
  • The second shortage is that the products are drying very quickly in this refrigerator, but as I learned, this is the shortage if all no frost models
  • But the main and most annoying disadvantage is the high operating noise

• by Valentina

I was searching for a larger refrigerator for our family, since the living-room and the kitchen are joined together and form one open space in our new flat. I’m not a tall person, so I wanted it to be wide but not too high, I also wanted that the freezer were in the top part and not too big, to leave more space to refrigerator . There were not so many models available that satisfied my needs, one of them was Sharp SJ-PT 590RBE.

It is a freestanding model, its width is 70 cm, height 177 cm, it has a freezer with a separate door in the top part, also an electronic control panel and “No frost” system (automatic defrost). The price was about 700 euros.

I have been using the refrigerator Sharp SJ-PT 590RBE for almost

a year now, and I can already see its advantages and disadvantages. One of the main advantages is that there is enough space for everything - I can put pots and pans with cooked food because of quite a big distance between the shelves, besides, it is deep and wide enough to keep some supply of food if you can’t visit the shops very often.

It also hasn’t broken down and always kept the constant temperature, though there was an extremely hot summer this year. I like that there is indeed no frost neither in the refrigerator, nor in the freezer, so I didn’t have to defreeze it, just wipe with a cloth.

There is also a special zone with temperature of zero degrees in the refrigerator where you can put fresh meat, for example, and it ...

• remains fresh for several days (the products seem lightly frozen in this zone, with small ice crystals, so usually I don’t put sausages or similar products there). I like that there is light not only in the refrigerator, but also in the freezer when you open the door, so you can see everything clearly.

I found three main shortages of this model. One of the smaller shortages, rather just an inconvenience, is that if you want to draw out the bottom drawer for fruit and vegetables, you have to open the door by 180 degrees.

So you can’t put this refrigerator into the corner where you can open the door only by 90 degrees. The second shortage is that the products are drying very quickly in this refrigerator, but as I learned, this is the shortage if

all “no frost” models.

So you have to keep all the products in closed containers. But the main and most annoying disadvantage is the high operating noise.

No, it is not the noise of the working compressor - this one is bearable, not louder than of any ordinary refrigerator. What I hate is that when the compressor stops for a while, there are constant loud cracking sounds, such as of plastic being deformed by temperature changes.

I don’t know what parts produce these sounds, but they are really very loud, so that I even wake up at night, though I sleep in another room. It should be impossible for me to sleep in the same room with this refrigerator.

So, in general, it’s a good refrigerator, but don’t buy it if you are planning to sleep somewhere near it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1620081238621031/k2311a0820/8.20.10