The World’s Best Cat Litter
  • According to the manufacturer's website, their product is the best at ending odor, the best at clumping the quickest, the best at scooping the easiest, the best at lasting the longest, the best at people and pet safety and the best for our environment

• by Jenny B. Moon

I’ve had my cat for over 14 years, now, and during those years, have experimented with dozens of brands which include the the gels, wheat, pine, corn, clay varieties. Marketing slogans don’t impress me which is why I’ve only tried the self-proclaimed “world’s best cat litter” two months ago. According to the manufacturer’s website, their product is “the best” at ending odor, “the best” at clumping the quickest, “the best” at scooping the easiest, “the best” at lasting the longest, “the best” at people and pet safety and “the best” for our environment. So

after two months, I’ve come to the following conclusions:

Odor - “The Best?” Depends. Regular formula (presumably for single-cat households), is not the best, in fact, this may be a deal breaker for some people. It stinks before and after my cat has made a visit. However, I switched to the multi-cat formula for my single feline, and my complaints have diminished along with the odors of the previous litter.

Clumping - “The Best,” Clumps fast and the clumps will not stick to the walls of the litter box. Fantastic!

Scooping - “The Best.” The clumps are ...

• hard and easy to pick up and the litter easily sifts through your scoop. I’ve found, however, that the ease of scooping also depends on the type of scooper you have.

Lasting The Longest - “The Best?” One bag per cat really does last a month as do other litters which make the same claim. Let’s just say, it does what they say on this one.

Safety - “The Best?” Yes, it’s corn and safe as are other brands. Let’s call this a draw with other natural litters.

For the Environment - “The Best?” Like its safety

and lasting claims, it does what they say it does. It’s biodegradable and you can flush it.

Conclusion: For my and my cat’s needs, this one’s a keeper. Although, a little more expensive than a lot of the other brands, its clumping and order controlling qualities alone may make spending those few extra dollars worth it. It does what they say, so for now, my quest for a suitable cat litter has come to fruition. For the best results, be sure to clean your cat’s litter box regularly. Plus your cat and your roommates will appreciate that!

The World's Best Cat Litter

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2919081238450231/k2311a0819/8.19.10