Joan of Arc (ABC TV Version)  » Movies  »
2.0
    • Item: Joan of Arc (ABC TV Version) Location: by James Fleming

I don’t know who was responsible for this version of the Joan of Arc story, but they should never be allowed to create a movie again. I mean this thing was horrible, just horrible. I find the Joan of Arc story to be quite an interesting one, but this one was just horribly done.

of all, just look at the casting. I mean Doogie Howser, MD? He has no reason to be in any movie, especially playing a role such as this one (where he plays the Dauphin/King Charles). I know this is just a made for TV mini-series, but still. And most of the other actors aren’t that great either. And while they ...

• stick with mostly historical characters, there are a number of made up characters as well who do absolutely nothing to help the story except to make it a bit more stupid.

They are trying to make a historical movie here, but they don’t do a very great job. There are a lot of problems with the script. I won’t go into them all here, but they

had no reason to be there. Not only that, it is incredibly boring. It just drags on, and on, and on until finally it gets to the end that we are all waiting for when she finally gets burned at the stake. Truthfully in this version I am happy to see her get burned at the stake, because at least I won’t have to watch this gibberish any more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113101123830731/k2311a0131/1.31.07