Samba Corned Beef  » Food  »
  • Moreover, I bought Samba Corned Beef in SM Hypermart
  • I never thought it came from CDO as the name of the brand sounds Mexican, I thought it is imported
  • The meat they used is very fresh and there is whole meat included on the can, which makes the eating experience more enjoyable

• by Grecy

I am being particular when it comes to preserved canned foods. It has to meet my quality. When I check on the canned goods, I have to read the expiration date and the external properties of the can. It should not have bend sides, because when you see that it has, it is prone to contamination. When the can get wet, that bend parts will be the place where rust will accumulate and the contamination begins. Do not buy bended cans in any part of it because it is not safe to eat.

Moreover, I bought Samba Corned Beef in SM Hypermart. I never thought it came from CDO as the

name of the brand sounds Mexican, I thought it is imported. When I opened the can, I thought it will be a pure beef but I saw a minimal amount of extender. Extender means additional ingredients. Instead of using pure meat, they used Contex. Contex comes from wood of the tree, soaked in red colorant and boiled with meat broth to make it soft and to make it look like a pieces of meat.

I saw minimal amount of Contex, but I was thankful because the quantity of meat is still bigger. I hate it when I am buying some corned beef and it consists of 80% contex and 20% meat.

• It seems they are cheating their customer. Back to Samba, as I opened the can I smell the spiciness and the ingredients it contains. The smell it is like you cannot ignore tasting it. You will feel invited to taste it already. You can never imagine I finished two plates of rice eating this viand alone. It is so tasteful, the meat is tender and the meat absorbs the spices thoroughly. Even the broth can be a viand. The meat they used is very fresh and there is whole meat included on the can, which makes the eating experience more enjoyable.

Even without cooking it, it tastes good. You can eat

it already as you open the can. I said to myself that that even if it were the kind of food I have to eat for a week, you would not hear me complain, as this is the kind of food that is irresistible. The taste is worth the price. However, I hope the price will never increase, as I will find it difficult to buy again. Also, I am proud of CDO for making Samba as you can compare the taste to imported brand, specially the corned beef Target that were out in 80s. Samba is just perfect and I am happy to discover it while it is burning hot in the market.

Samba Corned Beef

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719081238090131/k2311a0819/8.19.10