Jamie Oliver Green Pesto
  • That is one of my favourite light lunches
  • This is a lovely pesto from Jamie Oliver and I bought it in my local Morrisons store

• by jeanne71

I tried out Jamie Oliver’s green pesto and found it to be a very good quality pesto with a rather light flavour. This is the usual blend of basil, extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts etc, with the added flavour of Grana Padana cheese.

To compare it to the last green pesto I was using, this one has a lovely flavour but it is a lot milder than the one I was previously using, so you may prefer this

if you do not want such a blast of obvious garlic, although it does contain garlic.

Also, in comparison to my last green pesto, this is particularly loose and runny so it contains plenty of olive oil.

As I open the jar and look inside, there is something about it that looks really fresh.

Maybe it is because it is such a runny pesto with a greater proportion of olive oil so the solid grains in it are ...

• not congealed the way some pestos do, although they always taste OK for it.

I have simply been using this lovely pesto as a simple dressing for fusilli pasta, together with some chunks of feta cheese, extra pine nuts and torn up spinach leaves.

That is one of my favourite light lunches.

Also, I have drizzled it over roasted vegetables (courgettes and red peppers for example) on some ciabatta bread and baking it for a bit and that is gorgeous

too and especially easy to do with this as it is such a runny pesto.

I read from the label that this can also be mixed into mashed potato which sounds gorgeous and I must try that one day.

I am sure if you have more imagination with your cooking than me you can think up other tasty ways of using this pesto.

This is a lovely pesto from Jamie Oliver and I bought it in my local Morrisons store.

quick note by anonymous :

My daughter and I used this to make a delicious pasta. We pan fried some small chicken breast pieces and cut up some bacon. We added cocconut cream and the pesto, a bit of fresh parmesan cheese and ground pepper. We then added a bit more pesto to taste and parmesan. We then stirred it through some gluten free pasta spirals. Honestly could eat this dish alot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719081237880131/k2311a0819/8.19.10