Sainsbury’s Belgian Chocolate Millionaire’s Shortbread
  • It tasted absolutely delicious too and I can see this shortbread becoming a craze for me as I am buying another tomorrow
  • Considering it was not expensive, as it was from Sainsbury’s own brand, I thought this was a really, surprisingly high quality product and I really enjoyed it
  • Under the milk chocolate layer, there is a layer of quite a firm caramel that tastes quite like fudge I thought and which was gorgeous tasting and very sweet and buttery
  • I always like these shortbreads with chocolate and caramel on type affairs, but this particular one from Sainsbury’s is amazing and totally moreish
  • This is really luxurious and I would totally recommend you try it if you like that kind of biscuit

• by jeanne71

I spotted this chocolate and caramel shortbread in Sainsbury’s ‘food to go’ area of the supermarket and it looked gorgeous. It tasted absolutely delicious too and I can see this shortbread becoming a craze for me as I am buying another tomorrow. Considering it was not expensive, as it was from Sainsbury’s own brand, I thought this was a really, surprisingly high quality product and I really enjoyed it.

It is an oblong

shaped, flapjack sized block of shortbread, with a thin milk chocolate layer on top that has a pattern on it of white chocolate. Under the milk chocolate layer, there is a layer of quite a firm caramel that tastes quite like fudge I thought and which was gorgeous tasting and very sweet and buttery. The thin chocolate layer on top is of course Belgian chocolate and it tasted of really good quality ...

• chocolate to me. Although the chocolate is a thin layer, it has a deep chocolate flavour that compliments the rest of the product. The shortbread itself is not as sweet as some shortbread can be, but that is not a criticism as it was of high quality; it was firm and just complimented everything else wonderfully.

Sainsbury’s is amazing and totally moreish. This is suitable for vegetarians and each shortbread contains 290 calories, but it is pretty filling. I think this tastes like a gourmet chocolate caramel shortbread and not just a supermarket’s own brand one. This is really luxurious and I would totally recommend you try it if you like that kind of biscuit. You will find this amongst the sandwiches and lunch type stuff in Sainsbury’s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719081237820131/k2311a0819/8.19.10