Breyers Very Chocolate Cherry Overload!
  • I like cherries, otherwise I wouldn't have bought this flavor of ice cream, but I was expecting to enjoy more chocolate flavored mixed in with the cherry flavor and experience both flavors at once, but more often than not, this doesn't happen with this ice cream
  • Thus, I didn't quite enjoy this ice cream as much as I thought I would
  • The ice cream itself has a mildly tasty cherry flavor to it and the cherry pieces offer a stronger burst of cherry flavor, but the number of chocolate chips included disappointed me, and I wasn't able to enjoy the delightful duo of chocolate and cherry as often as I had hoped and wanted

• by CirclingCanvas

Breyers Very Chocolate Cherry Overload! is an ice cream creation that blends the flavors of cherries and chocolate together. The cherries are what dominate this ice cream in the form of the ice cream itself having a mildly strong red cherry flavor and the ice cream featuring pieces of cherries. The ice cream is predominately cherry-flavored, and so, I feel that more chocolate chips would’ve helped establish more of a flavor balance. More often than not, I seemed to be eating nothing but cherry-flavored ice cream with pieces of cherry lodged in between the ice cream.

I like cherries, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought this flavor of ice cream, but I was expecting to enjoy more chocolate flavored mixed in with the cherry flavor and experience both flavors at once, but more often than not, this doesn’t happen with this ice cream.

I don’t want to say that this is a bad ice cream creation, because chocolate and cherries do go together and when I tasted the rich and crunchy chocolate chips along with the flavorful and smooth cherry-flavored ice cream, I really liked how the two flavors complimented each other. However, I ...

• feel this ice cream suffers from too much cherry flavor, as good as the ice cream itself and the cherry pieces taste, and too few chocolate chips. There needed to be more chocolate chips throughout the ice cream so that I could enjoy the taste of chocolate and cherry at once more often. It’s almost like most of the effort went into making the cherry flavor aspect of this ice cream as satisfying as possibly while the chocolate chips were more of an afterthought. Thus, I didn’t quite enjoy this ice cream as much as I
        thought I would.

For three dollars and thirty cents, I doubt I’ll buy this ice cream again. The ice cream itself has a mildly tasty cherry flavor to it and the cherry pieces offer a stronger burst of cherry flavor, but the number of chocolate chips included disappointed me, and I wasn’t able to enjoy the delightful duo of chocolate and cherry as often as I had hoped and wanted. It’s a quality ice cream that suffers from a lower than expected quantity of chocolate chips, and so, I feel that the ice cream is deserving of a “6″ rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719081237700131/k2311a0819/8.19.10