Fit & Active Pesto Chicken Flatbread Melt  » Food  »
  • Fit & Active Pesto Chicken Flatbread Melt is a frozen melt that I found particularly delicious
  • The chicken was usually coated with rich mozzarella cheese, and the gooey cheese, I think, helped to hold much of this melt together
  • It ends up always being a satisfying lunch, and so, I definitely feel a 10 is the rating this melt should receive

• by CirclingCanvas

Fit & Active Pesto Chicken Flatbread Melt is a frozen melt that I found particularly delicious. This is a chicken flatbread melt done right, at least, for me. It has some of my favorite toppings and ingredients and all in a relatively decent quantity too. First off, this sandwich needs to be heated in the microwave, but thankfully, the microwave doesn’t make the flatbread hard or the sandwich soggy. The flatbread comes out soft and not at all tough. It’s got more flavor than just plain bread, although I’m not really sure what’s in it. It

does taste good though and it also holds the melt together quite well. The fillings weren’t falling out and the flatbread wasn’t falling apart, making this melt pretty easy to enjoy.

The melt’s main attraction is the grilled chicken. The grilled chicken was cut up into relatively small pieces, had a pleasant flavor and was tender, too, all pluses. The chicken was usually coated with rich mozzarella cheese, and the gooey cheese, I think, helped to hold much of this melt together. The red bell peppers were a bit crispy, surprisingly, and tasted fresh, and they had ...

• a flavor that stood out and went well with the grilled chicken. The sun dried tomatoes, although not as juicy or soft as regular tomatoes, I think offered a richer tomato taste that stood out and helped the sun dried tomatoes not fall into the background in the area of flavor. The garlic herb sauce prevented the melt from being dry and delivered a garlic flair that further spiced up the taste of the melt. It’s really something how no one flavor really dominates this melt and all the flavors pretty much manage to stand out,
        and I think that’s a big plus as that’s how melts and sandwiches should be.

For two dollars, the two pack is well, well worth the money. It’s a very tasty melt that offers several different flavors that all compliment each other quite well. The melt is quick an easy to fix and proves to be mildly filling, although I never just eat the melt, I always have some kettle-cooked potato chips or soup with the melt. It ends up always being a satisfying lunch, and so, I definitely feel a “10″ is the rating this melt should receive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719081237541231/k2311a0819/8.19.10