BeneFit Hello Flawless Poweder  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I liked this powder at first andI was impressed that it did offer fairly full coverage for a powder product
  • The problem was that the product absorbed the oil so well that it caused my skin to become dried out over time
  • When I used this product every day, I noticed my face was drier than usual, and even began to get flaky
  • The only time this product might work would be on very hot and humid days when dry skin is not an issue
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a powder foundation, especially those with dry skin

• by mariekay

Although this product is a pressed powder, it’s really designed to be used by itself as a powder foundation. I liked the idea of a make up product that would double as a foundation and powder, since it would save me a step in applying make up in the morning. My normal routine includes applying foundation first, then following up with a pressed powder for a matte finish. I actually wanted to try this product to see if it would give me the same results. The product was more expensive than other powders I have used, but if it would double as a foundation, too, it wasn’t so bad.

The powder comes in a compact with a mirror, and also includes both a sponge applicator and a

brush. The sponge applicator gives a more full coverage look, while the brush is for if you just want a light dusting of the powder. The powder goes on pretty smoothly, although you have to make sure to blend it with the sponge or your fingers or you will end up with splotches of the powder in certain spots since certain area of the face seem to get more than others when applied. The oily areas seem to attract the product. I liked this powder at first andI was impressed that it did offer fairly full coverage for a powder product. The results were not quite the same as a foundation plus powder, but it did even out my skin tone and cover ...

• blemishes. It also seemed to create a matte finish and diminish the look of any oiliness I had.

The problem was that the product absorbed the oil so well that it caused my skin to become dried out over time. When I used this product every day, I noticed my face was drier than usual, and even began to get flaky. One this happened, the powder no longer applied to my face smoothly. IT began to accentuate the dry spots and ended up looking pretty awful. The color of the powder also did not stay true. When I first put it on, it matched my skin tone perfectly, but over the period of a couple hours, the powder turned sort of orange in color. It

caked up on my face and by the end of the day it was a mess.

So while this product is a good idea in theory, for me it did not perform how I wanted it to. If this product had done the job of a powder and separate foundation, I would have been willing to pay the $25 for it, but it made my face so dried out and unattractive, that for me it was a waste of money. The only time this product might work would be on very hot and humid days when dry skin is not an issue. But for everyday wear, it was not for me. I would not recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a powder foundation, especially those with dry skin

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117081237280131/k2311a0817/8.17.10