LA’s Totally Awesome Power Oxygen Based Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • When I went to look for the product I found an alternative that looked like it could be a good choice
  • The only problem with that was the fact that my carpet was beige
  • I recommend that this product only be used in very small areas or you will have to do your whole floor

• by adrean_j

I had some shoe stains all over my carpet. I had a light colored carpet, so it made my house look really filthy though it wasn’t. The stains were starting to haunt me in my sleep, they were so bad. I remembered a time that I’d used Oxi Clean and wanted to try it to clean my carpet. When I went to look for the product I found an alternative that looked like it could be a good choice. I picked up the LA’s Totally Awesome Power Oxygen based cleaner. The label looked very similar to Oxi Clean, and I was kind of hopeful because of that. The cleaner is a powder cleaner that is very similar to laundry detergent look wise. It is white and kind of grainy when I had

it in my fingers. I diluted the solution as directed. I initially used cold water and realized that the cleaner would not dissolve. I then opted for warm water and it still didn’t dissolve all of the way. I had to use hot water in order to get the product to dissolve. With the other temperatures it just clumped up at the bottom of the container like a paste.

After finally winning the dissolve battle, I started to pour the cleaner onto my carpet. After waiting a while I scrubbed. The stains were coming out very well and I could see a dramatic difference. Where it was once black stain now was a white carpet area. The only problem with that was the fact that my carpet was beige. I was is shock,

• because it looked like the cleaner just bleached my floor. I looked on the container and it doesn’t list bleach as an ingredient. I didn’t understand why this was happening. My floor looked even worse with bright white patches over it. Then I looked even deeper once the carpet dried and there was little white specks everywhere. They were all over those areas I had scrubbed. It looked like I had sprinkle carpet freshener on the floor. I was even more stressed with these white spots and didn’t know what to do accept for scrub the whole floor. After that, my carpet did look dramatically cleaner, but it was also no longer soft. The carpet was now dry and rough feeling. Good thing I don’t have to sleep on the floor.

This

product didn’t give me a reaction, which is always good when it comes to cleaners. I was able to use it without any gloves and didn’t suffer any consequences. I recommend that this product only be used in very small areas or you will have to do your whole floor. I really don’t think this product is safe to use on colors, because of how it whitened my floor. It doesn’t really have an odor or scent. That means, it is not good for refreshing or eliminating odors. I really don’t see myself using this product again in the future. It is however, a fairly decent alternative to Oxi Clean. I wouldn’t necessarily suggest it, but I do think that LA’s Totally Awesome Power Oxygen base cleaner is sufficient if you are low on funds.

Reggie Jones says :

I wanted to know if I could use LA`s Totally Awesome Power Oxygen Based Cleaner is wash the walls and ceiling not the tile in my bathroom. I am planning on painting the ceiling, but I wanted to get all the dirts off of it first before painting the ceiling. So my question is whether it is safe to use your product to clean a painted surface like walls and ceilings?

adrean_j replies :

I have myself used this cleaner on my walls recently and it works pretty well. As long as you have quality paint on them, it should work fine.

marlena byers says :

What happens if u mix awesome oxygen power base cleaner and bleach? I didn’t read direction before using

Adrean replies :

I have never personally mixed them, but do not feel it is safe to mix any two cleaners without reading the back first. It can also ruin your upholstery, as they are both strong whiteners.

Jo says :

I mixedthese two ingredients 3 days ago in my wash machine and now I have throat irritation and I m scared

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317081236821231/k2311a0817/8.17.10