Olives, Capers and Mushrooms Sauce (recipe)  » Recipes  »
  • For my olives, capers and mushrooms sauce, the secret to this is to source the best mushroom, olives and capers
  • Well, I guarantee that what they are saying is true

• by ddumas

I love entertaining at home. I shy away from clubs and overcrowded places so I try to gather my close friends and family and entertain them at home. They often kid me that I save a lot compared to treating them in a fancy restaurant. I shrug knowing that at the back of my mind what they are saying is true. I compensate though by cooking yummy dishes and for cocktails at home

– preparing dips and sauces that would complement the hors de oeuvres and chips.

For my olives, capers and mushrooms sauce, the secret to this is to source the best mushroom, olives and capers. You know what they say about food that is priced higher than the normal tastes better? Well, I guarantee that what they are saying is true. Since this sauce is quite easy to prepare, I try my best to buy ...

• the best ingredients for all the flavors to come out.

The ingredients for the sauce are: a can of diced button mushrooms 1 cup of minced olives ¼ cup of crushed capers extra virgin olive oil 2 big cloves of minced garlic 2 tablespoons of olive oil black pepper dried basil

First of all, you need to pour the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a hot skillet. Then add the garlic and the mushrooms.

You need to fry until the garlic turns golden. Then you add the capers and then the olives. Remove the skillet from the heat and pour the contents into a mixing bowl. Continue tossing the mixture while seasoning it with black pepper and dried basil. Lastly, pour as much or as little extra virgin olive oil (depending on the amount you want). I usually add more extra virgin olive oil as it brings out the distinct flavors of the capers, olives and mushrooms.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4917081236631231/k2311a0817/8.17.10