The Feast of All Saints  » TV  »
    • Item: The Feast of All Saints Location: by James Fleming

The Feast of All Saints was originally a miniseries that appeared on Showtime or one of those channels. It is based on a novel by writer Anne Rice, but don’t expect to see any vampires in this one because this is not a vampire story. Rather this

is a story that takes us into the world of the gens de couleur libres who lived in New Orleans prior to the Civil War.

It is a fascinating world, and the movie is well done. It explores this world of a group of people that most of us just do not know about. It also allows ...

• us to see New Orleans in the old days, which is somewhat saddening considering what has happened to the city with Katrina and its aftermath. But the movie itself is a very fascinating one.

This is definitely a long movie, considering it was originally a miniseries. The DVD keeps the break between segments, and I recommend you

watch it as a two-parter rather than sitting through all four hours in a single sitting: it is a bit much if you ask me.

If you are interested in New Orleans, or in history, I highly recommend this. I can’t say anything about the book because I have never read it, but I suspect that it is a good one too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103101123610731/k2311a0131/1.31.07