Wonder Natural Foods Better’n Peanut Butter
0.5
  • I don't consider this an acceptable alternative to peanut butter, but that's me

• by CirclingCanvas

Wonder Natural Foods Better’n Peanut Butter is not something that I want to spend money on or taste ever again. Sure, it’s better for the body than regular peanut butter because there’s not as much fat, but it’s not better for the taste buds. I recall when I first removed the lid from the container, my nose took in an aroma that didn’t quite resemble peanut butter. I knew then that I likely wasn’t going to be in for a treat, and my conclusion proved to be a correct one. This peanut butter came across as being way too

sweet and being way too distant from the product that it claims to be better than, and that product being peanut butter, of course. The sugary sweetness combined with a lack of real peanut flavor made this spread pretty much impossible to consume.

Another aspect of this “better” than peanut butter product that I didn’t find to be appetizing in the slightest was the texture. This stuff was wetter and thinner than regular peanut butter. It didn’t have that sort of whipped, fluffy or smooth creaminess that peanut butter is known for. It was more difficult to spread as ...

• a result and it made bread kind of soggy. The texture of this product was just as unappetizing as the ridiculously sweet and oddly artificial soy-like taste and just once did I pop the lid to the container containing this product, and that was the initial taste test that I quickly regretted. After that, I tossed the container because there was no way I could stomach this stuff. I liked what it offered, which was less fat, no preservatives and no refined sugars among other things, but I didn’t like the taste or the sight of what it all
        added up to.

I don’t consider this an acceptable alternative to peanut butter, but that’s me. I didn’t like that it didn’t taste very much like peanut butter and I didn’t like the looks of it or the texture of it. It was all-around unappetizing. It’s also more money than regular peanut butter at almost six dollars a container. I feel that it’s quite deserving of a “1″ rating because there’s no value, no quality taste and it’s not something that comes anywhere near being a viable alternative to peanut butter since it’s not like peanut butter in most respects.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717081235871031/k2311a0817/8.17.10