Mr Coffee Coffee Grinder
  • I found the Mr Coffee grinder for around $15, so I thought that was a good deal
  • I found that it works best if I don't over load the grinder with coffee beans, but fill it about half full
  • I do not recommend putting the grinder in the dishwasher, I usually use warm water and occasionally regular dish soap to clean it
  • But I love how quickly and easily it grinds the food products instead of having to crush them by hand
  • Overall I have found this grinder to be a useful and convenient product, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a grinder that is inexpensive and basic, but also works well for a variety of uses

• by mariekay

I purchased this coffee grinder after I had received some gourmet coffee beans as a gift. I usually made regular coffee for myself and had never used coffee beans before, so I wasn’t sure I would like the coffee that way, but I wanted to try it anyway. I didn’t want to spend too much money on a coffee grinder, so I actually bought one of the least expensive ones I could find. I found the Mr Coffee grinder for around $15, so I thought that was a good deal. I saw plenty of fancier, more expensive coffee grinders, but I didn’t need any extra features, I just wanted something simple and basic that would be appropriate for occasional use.

The first time I used the coffee grinder, it worked great.

I found that it works best if I don’t over load the grinder with coffee beans, but fill it about half full. If the grinder is loaded to the top, the blades don’t work properly because they don’t have room to move. But when I filled it half way, the grinder turned the coffee beans into a fine powder within seconds. The blades seemed to be really sharp and the appliance was very powerful. The container to place the beand into was rather small, so you would not be able to grind a lot of beans at a time. But for me it was perfect because I didn’t need to grind large quantities of beans.

The appliance is relatively easy to clean, but there is always some residue that gets ...

• stuck on the blades. I usually wipe the blades off first before rinsing the appliance with hot water. This removes any powder that was left behind. I do not recommend putting the grinder in the dishwasher, I usually use warm water and occasionally regular dish soap to clean it. The top part removes for easy cleaning.

Since I have had this coffee grinder, I have actually found other uses for it. I used it for recipes that call for things like crushed graham crackers. I put a few broken up crackers in the grinder, push the button and the graham crackers turn to powder. This works well for pie crusts and other desserts. I also use it to make bread crumbs the same way. I have

put chocolate chips in there too to make a chocolate powder to sprinkle over ice cream or desserts. When using the grinder for these purposes, it needs a bit of extra effort for cleaning since the blades get sticky pretty quickly from the moisture in the crackers or chocolate. But I love how quickly and easily it grinds the food products instead of having to crush them by hand.

Overall I have found this grinder to be a useful and convenient product, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a grinder that is inexpensive and basic, but also works well for a variety of uses. The low price makes it a good value, and I plan to get a lot more use out of it in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317081235841031/k2311a0817/8.17.10