Estee Lauder Two in One Eyeshadow Wet/Dry Formula  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • I can not remember how much I paid for it originally which I suppose is a good thing
  • My experience using this product was so frustrating that I ended up throwing this product away in the trashcan
  • I like to apply my eyeshadow using my fingertips and I find that they are way too small for me to fit my fingers in

• by Simply_Fabulous

I have owned this eyeshadow compact for several months. To be honest, I rarely use it and I had completely forgotten that I owned it until discovering it while cleaning out my makeup bag. I can not remember how much I paid for it originally which I suppose is a good thing. I recently decided to wear it on a dinner date with my boyfriend to the movies. My experience using this product was so frustrating that I ended up throwing this product away in the trashcan.

This product comes in a large sized package that closely resembles a foundation compact. Personally I find the packaging of the product to be very sleek. The top of the lid opens completely to reveal a

large mirror on the inside. There are four very neutral shades included in the set that I purchased which ranged from the very lightest color (a beige tone) at the top of the compact and a dark chocolate shade at the very bottom of it. The second lightest shade is a rose colored eyeshadow and there is a warm caramel brown tone located in between the rose and chocolate brown eyeshadows. The main thing that I do not like about the construction of the packaging is that the eyeshadow tubs are very shallow. I like to apply my eyeshadow using my fingertips and I find that they are way too small for me to fit my fingers in.

I am not sure if it is ...

• because I have dark African American skin, but these eyeshadows give my skin an ashy appearance whenever I apply the product. The deep brown shade looks very pigmented, but it completely disappears once I apply it on my eyelids even though it is significantly darker that my face. I did not experience this problem with the other shades but I was frustrated that all three of the lighter tones looked exactly the same on my face. There is no sparkle or shine in these eyeshadows and the tone of all the products is completely matte. I honestly can not think of a skin tone that this product would look good on. I used a makeup primer on my eyelids prior to applying the eyeshadows and
        the colors were still faded out. The point of wearing makeup is to compliment a person’s face or to create a more attractive appearance, but this product horribly fails.

I would rate this product a 1 out of 10. It could not be any worse and my experience using this product was no better than some of the products that I have purchased from Dollar General. These eyeshadows immediately disappear on the skin and they have no lasting power. I would strongly discourage anyone from purchasing this compact and I plan on never using it again. The sad thing is that I really wanted to like this product because the earth tone shades of the eyeshadows were very nice and something I imagined I could wear every day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117081235781031/k2311a0817/8.17.10