Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Ruthless  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think it is one of the factors that made the price expensive, so I would rather not have the mirror
  • I don't wear this eyeshadow as much as I should because I prefer true brown colors to taupe-y brown shades, but the quality and pigmentation is amazing, and the eyeshadow is still really nice to have
  • This is definitely a great eyeshadow to have but it's not a holy grail product for me
  • I'm not sure if I would repurchase, just because I don't use this color as much as I should, but I know I will be trying out more Urban Decay eyeshadows in the future

• by Kelairyy

I don’t usually spend money on high end eyeshadows, but I really wanted to try Urban Decay eyeshadows because they are really pigmented when I test them out at Sephora and Ulta. However, I didn’t want something with a lot of chunky glitter that would just cause fallout when I wore them. I saw the Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Ruthless, and it wasn’t shimmery (just had a nice sheen). It also had an amazingly cute package so I had to buy it.

It was $17 which is kind of pricey but the quality is very good, so I’m not regretting my purchase. First let’s talk about packaging. All the deluxe eyeshadows from Urban Decay come in similar packaging.

On the Ruthless packaging, there is a robot, a dinosaur,

and the moon. It is super cute. When you open it, there is also a miny mirror when is nice but kind of pointless.

I don’t usually carry eyeshadows areound with me in a makeup bag or something (I just use a primer so it stays on all day!) so the mirror is unnecessary. Also, it is so small it really wouldn’t help much. I think it is one of the factors that made the price expensive, so I would rather not have the mirror.

Who knows, some people might like it though. The eyeshadow itself is very soft when I touch it (swatch it on my hand). The color just glides onto your eyelid.

It is very pigmented and isn’t hard to get color to show up. It ...

• is like a taupe-y brown color that reminds me of the middle color in the Covergirl Shimmering Sands eyeshadow trio, only a little lighter. I use this eyeshadow all over my lid and it’s nice because it is one of the Urban Decay eyeshadows that isn’t totally out there.

It’s neutral which means it is very versatile and could be used with multiple looks because brown tends to go with everything! This eyeshadow has a slight sheen to it so it’s not totally matte, but there is no shimmer or glitter as far as I can tell. This is great for a more professional setting where you don’t want your eyelids to be super shimmery. When I wear this, it does tend to make my eyeshadow a bit frosty

just because of the taupe undertones, but I still like it.

I don’t wear this eyeshadow as much as I should because I prefer true brown colors to taupe-y brown shades, but the quality and pigmentation is amazing, and the eyeshadow is still really nice to have. I’m not totally in love with it, but I am in love with the quality of the Urban Decay Deluxe eyeshadows. I’ll probably try some more shades in the future as Ruthless is my only one so far.

This is definitely a great eyeshadow to have but it’s not a holy grail product for me. I’m not sure if I would repurchase, just because I don’t use this color as much as I should, but I know I will be trying out more Urban Decay eyeshadows in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117081235771031/k2311a0817/8.17.10