Chess with Friends (iPhone/iPod) game  » Games  »
  • I know it's illegal because Apple is losing millions just because of the pirated copies of their apps
  • It could be just a boring, poorly made minesweeper or chess game
  • I know playing chess requires some thinking and yes, it definitely requires time (I know because I am a chess varsity in high school) but playing this on your iPod touch or iPhone makes you feel more bored

• by bettyboop

Since I got my iPod touch jailbroken, I never stop downloading and installing free games and apps. I know it’s illegal because Apple is losing millions just because of the pirated copies of their apps. But hey, who would want to pay $0.99 - $9.99 for a game or an app which you don’t have an idea what it’s all about? It could be just a boring, poorly made minesweeper or chess game.

I’ve downloaded a lot of online chess games for my iPod touch. But it ended up being deleted after a few minutes

of use. Why? Because it has a very poor graphics, you have an online opponent who thinks for about 15-30 minutes before he can make his move making the pace of the game so slow. I know playing chess requires some thinking and yes, it definitely requires time (I know because I am a chess varsity in high school) but playing this on your iPod touch or iPhone makes you feel more bored. Imagine playing a “supposedly exciting” online game then all of a sudden your screen froze because you have a very poor ...

• internet connection. After 15 minutes, your game will resume then after just less than a minute it won’t again. You don’t want to exit the game because it’s your favorite but you don’t have a choice because you’re getting more and more pissed. It’s frustrating, isn’t it?

Since my experiences with several chess games online, I never tried to download again any chess games. Until my sister told me that she found a very cool game that will not test my patience. Chess with Friends allows you to chat with online players while in the

middle of a game, you can have multiple games, you can close the game while waiting for your opponents to make their move, and you can always ask for rematch.

Over all game quality is superb. It’s not boring because you can do anything while waiting for your next turn, you can randomly ask for an opponent if none of your friends are available (but you can always challenge them and the game will start as soon as they logged in). Anyone who’s tired of playing their chess online will get addicted in Chess with Friends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2817081235501031/k2311a0817/8.17.10