Acupuncture Treatment at The Spa (Fort Bonifacio branch)  » Health  »
5th Avenue Bonifacio Global City , Taguig, Philippines
  • But since it was a gift and was highly recommended, I decided to give it a try
  • It is also supposed to maintain your health so that you avoid getting horrible sicknesses in the future

• by TheCity

I was given a gift certificate for acupuncture at The Spa, Bonifacio High Street branch. The Spa is one of, if not the most luxurious spa chains in Manila. At first, I was apprehensive as I did not like the idea of lots of needles piercing different parts of my body. But since it was a gift and was highly recommended, I decided to give it a try.

When I got there, the doctor took a look at me and diagnosed what could be improved in my system. He saw that I was under lots of stress which was showing on my skin. He said that my body had a lot of heat that had to be released. You could also request what you want to be improved; for example, you could

ask him to lessen your appetite if you want to lose weight or to make your lungs healthier if you are a chain smoker.

The procedure, to my surprise, was not painful. You might feel a tiny prick and some discomfort, but nothing major. After lying down with the needles for around 30 minutes, the acupuncturist comes back and twists the needles a bit then leaves you again for 30 minutes until he comes back and takes them out. The waiting time can be agony; sometimes, if I’m lucky, I fall asleep, but most of the times, I feel restless while waiting. After he takes the needles out, he proceeds to crack your bones, improving your posture and straightening out crooked fingers or legs. For me, this causes more discomfort than the needles ...

• as I hate it when my bones are cracked, but the feeling afterwards is wonderful.

I continued going to weekly acupuncture sessions (you have to set the schedule in advance as the acupuncturist is only there a maximum of twice a week) as I felt it had improved the condition of my skin and lessened my stress level by a lot. My bones felt lighter too, and my posture, straighter and yet more relaxed. It is also supposed to maintain your health so that you avoid getting horrible sicknesses in the future.

After a while, I got busy with work and was not able to return anymore. But just recently, I was severely constipated and decided to see if acupuncture could help. I went there two weeks ago and after a couple of days, my

digestion went back to normal after several weeks of abnormality, and is still functioning very well at the moment.

The acupuncturist was friendly, competent and not intimidating at all. At P1800 for the first session and P1200 for every succeeding one, it is kind of expensive, but the facilities at The Spa is worth the price. As soon as you enter the door, there is a waterfall from the ceiling to the floor beside the stairs and you will immediately feel the luxury and pampering that you are about the get. All the facilities are extremely clean and top class and all the attendants are friendly and professional. Once, I was given a villa with its own shower, and a beautiful private outdoor Jacuzzi. If you have the means to pay, then this is highly recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417081235451031/k2311a0817/8.17.10