Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Micro-Sculpting Cream  » Cosmetics  »
  • For a drugstore product the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream does not come cheap it cost me $S50.00 for 48g but when compared with high end brands it is just nothing
  • Now looking at the claims it really seemed like a magical product but I didn’t think too much about it because I have had good experience with other Olay products and nothing could change the fact that I have badly wanted to give this cream a try
  • I love the refreshing mild fragrance that makes the application very pleasant

• by true_value

I am an avid fan of Olay products, even though I started off very skeptically. I have always had extremely oily and sensitive skin and never dared to go anywhere near Olay products because going by their previous name ‘Oil of Olay’ I always thought these products were for dry skin types and always stayed a mile away.

One time, I had just randomly tried a tester for Olay Total Effects Serum and from then on I got hooked to everything Olay. I have had extremely good results and they go very well with my oily and sensitive skin. In fact Olay moisturizers are the only once that I have used without getting breakouts. All the others even the ones specially made for oily skin types never worked for me.

I am already in my mid 30’s now but I am yet to have a single fine line on my face and I am sure it is because I have been keeping my skin adequately hydrated with Olay serums and moisturizers without clogging and burdening my skin.

I use the Olay Regenerist Serum on a daily basis and when the Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Micro-Sculpting Cream hit the drugstores her in Singapore which is much later than it did in the US, I had to get my hands on it especially since there has been so much of talk in the

media about how this wonderful product from Olay has been beating high end brands face down in performance and effectiveness at a fraction of their costs.

For a drugstore product the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream does not come cheap it cost me $S50.00 for 48g but when compared with high end brands it is just nothing. For example the Murad Pore and Wrinkle refine treatment cost me S$180.00 for about 30ml and I wanted to see if Murad gave me 3 or even 2 times better results as the price suggests.

The Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream comes well packed in a hard black, gold and red paper box with a see-through window. Olay claims the product to micro-sculpt & lift with amino-peptide + B3 complex and intracellular fortifier. At the back of the box Olay claims that their micro-sculpting cream was the result of more than 50 years of Olay research and that the luxurious cream has the highest concentration of their signature amino-peptide + B3 complex infused with intracellular fortifier and a touch of precious marine proteins, and that the intracellular hydration regenerates volume and shape across skin’s 10 million surface cells, progressively lifting and micro-sculpting to help: firm sagging-prone areas even the jaw line, smooth skin’s surface and restore elasticity.

Now looking at the claims it really seemed like a magical product but I didn’t think too much about ...

• it because I have had good experience with other Olay products and nothing could change the fact that I have badly wanted to give this cream a try.

The cream comes in a jar which I didn’t like. I have been using products from pump for so long that the thought of using a skin care product from a jar seems so inconvenient and unhygienic. I wonder why companies still sell skin care products in jars I have seen a lot of high end brands do that as well. I just wish everything came with pump dispensers.

Well, the jar is a beautiful deep red almost semi-transparent. It is good that the jar is plastic and not bottle so it is less heavy and less chance of breakage incase of falls. It comes with a glossy silver cap with the Olay logo engraved on it giving the jar a much expensive look and feel.

I opened the jar and found a lid inside which I lifted and was not happy with how much cream was stuck at the back of the lid which was sliding out I quickly put it back and avoided a major mess. I have to be extra cautious while getting the cream out.

I washed my face thoroughly and applied my Olay Regenerist Serum as usual and took a little bit of the

Olay Micro-Sculpting cream on my clean fingers and applied on my face and neck in circular motion as per the directions on the box.

The cream has a semi thick consistency and had a slight peach tint to it although it appears almost white. I love the refreshing mild fragrance that makes the application very pleasant. Although the cream is thick it absorbs completely into skin without a trace and does not leave an oily or sticky finish. The first time I used it, I had used it before going to bed and when I woke up I looked in the mirror and found a glowy healthy looking complexion. It did not make my skin look like an oil slick nor did I have any breakouts from it. A little goes a long way.

I have been using the cream now for about 2 weeks and I don’t know if it is because of this but I feel like my face has become slimmer and more contoured. My skin feels so much softer and smoother I am so excited to look at my face in the mirror every morning it just seems to be getting better and better.

I am totally in love with the wonderful cream and thank Olay once again for creating with such wonderful products without robbing us like most high end brand continue to do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117081235401031/k2311a0817/8.17.10