Africa’s Best Home Relaxer Kit
  • I like the fact that I did not experience any burning or irritation while I had the product on
  • In my opinion, this relaxer kit was a good deal for the price and I will definitely be repurchasing this product again
  • I would rate this product an 8 out of 10 and I would recommend it for others to use

• by Simply_Fabulous

It has been a long time since I last relaxed my hair (over a year). I purchased this product at Wal-Mart for less than $5. Since it had been a considerate amount of time since I purchased a home relaxer, I was slightly overwhelmed when trying to figure out which product to purchase. I ended up choosing this one due to the cheap price and the fact that it contained a lot of natural botanical ingredients. Overall, I will say that I am pleased with the results that I had although there are several things about this product that I wish were different.

This kit contains a pair of plastic gloves, the directions, neutralizing shampoo, deep conditioner/ leave in conditioner, a wooden spatula for mixing, relaxer activator, and the

relaxer itself. I do not think that my hands are small, but the gloves included in this kit were way too big for my hands. I had a very difficult time trying to apply the relaxer since the fingers of the gloves were awkwardly made. As far as mixing the relaxer together is concerned, it was fairly easy. Instead of coming in a plastic bottle like most relaxer activators, the one in this kit came in an envelope packet. It took me about five minutes to make sure that the relaxer was thoroughly mixed. The smell of the relaxer was not strong, but I will not say that it was pleasant.

I like the fact that I did not experience any burning or irritation while I had ...

• the product on. I followed the directions and only left it on for about eight minutes. The neutralizing shampoo that comes with this product is okay. It did feel like it took forever for me to completely rinse it out. I could still smell the relaxer in my hair even though the color of the neutralizing shampoo was indicating that I did not have any product in my hair. I was upset when I realized that the conditioner in the kit is also supposed to be used as a leave in product. The directions on the paper envelope that the product comes in are not perfectly clear aside from stating to use less of the product.

Overall, this relaxer kit did a good job of

straightening my hair. After it dried, it was very shiny and healthy looking. My hair did not have an over processed appearance to it and I was surprised at how much body my hair had. In my opinion, this relaxer kit was a good deal for the price and I will definitely be repurchasing this product again. The only thing that I did not like was the so called deep conditioner since I could not tell any difference in the condition of my hair. I have used it a few times as a leave in product but I still find that it does absolutely nothing for my hair. I would rate this product an 8 out of 10 and I would recommend it for others to use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117081235310931/k2311a0817/8.17.10