ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was told that the ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer Powder was a great dupe for the Nars Orgasm and Laguna duo, and since it was only three dollars at my local grocery store, I decided to buy it and test it out for myself
  • This is definitely worth the three dollars, and if you can find a store nearby that carries ELF cosmetics, I would definitely recommend you try this product out, especially if you don't want to pay over thirty dollars for the NARS duo
  • The first thing I noticed about this duo was that it was significantly larger than the NARS blushes/bronzers
  • I like it because it is very sleek and simple, none of that overdone, fancy yet unnecessary packaging
  • If you can find it there, definitely give this a try

• by kelairyy

I own NARS orgasm blush but not the Nars Laguna bronzer. I was told that the ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer Powder was a great dupe for the Nars Orgasm and Laguna duo, and since it was only three dollars at my local grocery store, I decided to buy it and test it out for myself. This is definitely worth the three dollars, and if you can find a store nearby that carries ELF cosmetics, I would definitely recommend you try this product out, especially if you don’t want to pay over thirty dollars for the NARS duo. The first thing I noticed about this duo was that it was significantly larger than the NARS blushes/bronzers.

I’m not sure how the actual product amount compares, but it certainly looks bigger from the packaging. The packaging is simple and black, similar to the NARS packaging. I like it

because it is very sleek and simple, none of that overdone, fancy yet unnecessary packaging.

There is a mirror that comes with the duo which I find fantastic because I can bring this product around if I need to reapply my blush or bronzer or simply if I want to use the mirror. It’s very handy in my opinion!

The blush and bronzer both have shimmer in them so if you don’t like that, I would probably stay away from this ELF duo. However, just like the NARS orgasm blush, this blush in the duo looks like it has a lot of glitter in the pan and swatched on your fingers but on your cheeks, it just adds a nice glow to your skin and just brightens your face up.

I don’t think it is too noticeable unless you’re going to be out in the sun a ...

• while. I definitely don’t like when my bronzer has shimmer, but like NARS Laguna, the ELF Blush & Bronzer duo has shimmer in the bronzer section. However, it is a lot less shimmery than blush, almost to the point where you really can’t see it unless you look closely.

On your face, it definitely will not be very noticeable which I like. I don’t own NARS Laguna but I have swatched it at Sephora, and the ELF bronzer definitely seems to be darker. I like this about the ELF duo because I have medium-tan skin tone so a lot of high-end bronzers such as NARS Laguna and Benefit Hoola bronzer don’t really show up that well on my skin.

This ELF bronzer isn’t too dark (won’t be obvious on my skin) but it gives me the perfect sunkissed, bronzy look. The staying power is decent. It starts

to where off towards the end of the day, but for three dollars, I would definitely repurchase this again.

There seems to be a lot of product though, so it might take a while to run out. If I had to choose between NARS orgasm blush or the blush in the ELF duo, I would still choose NARS because I think the color is a little more flattering on me. However, they are both really similar, and the ELF Blush & Bronzer Powder is so much cheaper.

You purchase ELF cosmetics at some Targets (not mine though) and possibly some local grocery stores which is where I found some ELF products. If you can find it there, definitely give this a try! If you have to purchase off the website, I might hold off because I heard shipping is expensive, and with shipping, it might not be worth the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117081235150931/k2311a0817/8.17.10