A Tattered Web movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • I think I may have watched this back when it first aired, but I'm not certain
  • I like Frank Converse much better, but his role as Stagg's son in law, Steve Butler, wasn't very impressive
  • The one I really enjoyed the most was Anne Helm, who had a small but pivotal role as Louise Campbell
  • One of the things I don't like much about this movie is just how disheveled the characters are
  • After the scenes with Helm, the best scene was the big reveal at the end between Stagg and Butler

• by Orrymain

From 1971, A Tattered Web is a film about accidental murder and a cover up. I think I may have watched this back when it first aired, but I’m not certain. The movie starred Lloyd Bridges as Sgt. Ed Stagg. I’ve never really been a fan of Bridges, though I’ve finally learned to appreciate his contribution to the TV series, Sea Hunt. Here, though, I’m not really intrigued.

Part of the reason I’m not drawn

in to the Stagg character is that he’s just surrounded by anxiety. There’s a lot of conflict going on within him, and it results in him standing around and staring a lot. It’s just not my style.

I like Frank Converse much better, but his role as Stagg’s son in law, Steve Butler, wasn’t very impressive. Even Sallie Shockley who back in that era was known for some provocative in a good way characters felt weighted ...

• down in her role as Tina Butler, Stagg’s daughter.

The one I really enjoyed the most was Anne Helm, who had a small but pivotal role as Louise Campbell. She really stood out in this part. She had power and a dynamic screen presence. It was a job well done for her.

The movie has some good supporting work, including Ellen Corby and John Fielder. Their roles are smaller, but they do such a good job

that they stand out. Then there are more prominent roles by others like Murray Hamilton.

One of the things I don’t like much about this movie is just how disheveled the characters are. Converse looks horrible, and even worse is Broderick Crawford. Yes, it fits the character, but it’s a turn off for me.

After the scenes with Helm, the best scene was the big reveal at the end between Stagg and Butler. It was intense.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117081235040931/k2311a0817/8.17.10