Maybelline Full n Soft Waterproof Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I bought the Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara to replace my Covergirl Lashblast Mascara when it ran out
  • Personally, I don't like this mascara at all
  • If you have short lashes like me, I would definitely stay away from this because it doesn't nothing for my eyelashes
  • The wand of the mascara is really big, which I like because I find that bigger wands seem to apply better on my eyelashes
  • I just don't really see the point of owning this mascara and would definitely not recommend it

• by kelairyy

I bought the Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara to replace my Covergirl Lashblast Mascara when it ran out. I bought it because I heard a lot of great reviews on it, and it was a dollar or two cheaper than a lot of other mascaras at the drugstore. Personally, I don’t like this mascara at all.

If you have short lashes like me, I would definitely stay away from this because it doesn’t nothing for my eyelashes. The wand of the mascara is really big, which I like because I find that bigger wands seem to apply better on my eyelashes.

It is a regular bristle mascara wand, not plastic-y like the wand of the Covergirl Lashblast

Mascara. The first thing I noticed when I applied this was that it didn’t really go on well.

It’s definitely not clumpy, but it’s to the point where hardly any mascara goes onto my eyelashes and even when I build it (up to three or four coats), it still doesn’t make my eyelashes very noticeable or long, unlike my Covergirl Lashblast which can really lengthen and volumize my eyelashes with just one coat. This could be a nice mascara to use if you already have long eyelashes, but I don’t really see the point.

If it doesn’t lengthen or volumize, then there is really no point in using this mascara at all. It doesn’t clump…but it’s still ...

• not worth it in my opinion.

I’d rather risk clumping than have a mascara that doesn’t do anything at all. I bought the waterproof version because my eyes are really watery and I yawn a lot, causing my eyes to water up.

Any eyeliner or mascara I have tends to smudge a bit due to that, so I always go with waterproof mascara to be safe. Granted, no mascara is truly waterproof.

It will flake off in the pool. However, if I compare this to Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof Mascara, that one (along with some other mascaras I’ve tried in the past) flakes off neatly and doesn’t leave any black smudges underneath my eyes.

The Maybelline Full n

Soft Mascara does leave those black smudges, almost like this was regular mascara and not waterproof. It isn’t too horrible, but I’d prefer not to have smudging at all.

This is all right underneath a different mascara, but I don’t really have a lot of time in the mornings and would prefer just to use one mascara. Usually I find that if I use a good waterproof mascara, it will lengthen my lashes longer than even if I use Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara underneath it (two mascaras together).

I just don’t really see the point of owning this mascara and would definitely not recommend it. Save the six to seven bucks and find another mascara that actually works.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117081235010931/k2311a0817/8.17.10