Powell’s 3-piece desk set  » Furniture  »
  • I decided to go with the 3 piece set after pricing out how much it would cost to get him a desk and chair separately
  • The least expensive desk I found was $30, plus a chair would make it more expensive than this entire set
  • What I like is that it also has a couple shelves on the side that are just the right size for sheets of paper or folders
  • The wheels don’t move so well on carpet, but the plastic mat solves that problem
  • I would recommend this set to anyone looking for something basic for a child or teenager

• by mariekay

I got this 3-piece desk set for my son’s room. I decided to go with the 3 piece set after pricing out how much it would cost to get him a desk and chair separately. The least expensive desk I found was $30, plus a chair would make it more expensive than this entire set. This set came with a desk, chair, and a lamp, all for $69. My son needed to have a desk in his room to do homework or work or play on the computer, but I didn’t want anything that was too deluxe or expensive. He just needed a very basic desk as a place to put homework or the laptop computer. I also had a bit of a space restriction

since his room isn’t that big. So, I wanted something that would not take up too much room.

This desk set came in a box and needed to be assembled at home. Putting it together took some time, but the directions were fairly clear and there were no parts missing. IT took me about 2 hours to get everything assembled. The desk fit perfectly into my son’s room. What I like is that it also has a couple shelves on the side that are just the right size for sheets of paper or folders. The chair that came with it is reasonably comfortable, and the wheels seem to work well. We put a plastic mat under the chair so that my son can actually roll ...

• on it. The wheels don’t move so well on carpet, but the plastic mat solves that problem.

The desk set also came with a lamp that was supposed to attach to the desk. I have a hard time getting it to actually attach to the desk, so my son rarely needs it. The clamp that is supposed to keep it attached to the desk doesn’t seem strong enough, so any time my son tried to adjust it, it would fall off.But the light in his room is sufficient anyway. The top of the desk has a nice large work area, and the finish is smooth. The desk is the perfect size fora child or teen that wants to use it for homework. The laptop computer also

sits nicely on top of the desk, and my son enjoys having his own space to work.

The desk is basic, just what I wanted, but it is sturdy also. It move or feel like it’s going to buckle under the pressure, even with the laptop and other items on it Even though it is sturdy, it is also lightweight so that my son can move it around if he wanted to rearrange the placement of his furniture.

Overall I consider this desk set a good value for the price. Even though we don’t get much use out of the lamp part, I think $69 is a decent price for a nice desk and chair. I would recommend this set to anyone looking for something basic for a child or teenager.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5717081234950931/k2311a0817/8.17.10